My new best friend

Mulai dari awal

"I was hoping you were someone else."

"You have a boyfriend?" Gabriel gasped.

"No. I was hoping you were the mail man. He should have the new hamster cage I ordered. And who is this?"She asked, pointing at Quent.

"Hey," He said, raising his hand in greeting.

"I'm Quent, Gabe's new boyfr..." At this point Gabe slapped his hand over Quent's mouth.

"Best friend," Said Gabe quickly.

"My new best friend," He said carefully, glaring at Quent.

"Is that thing an actual snake?" Quent asked dubiously, his eyes on the snake wrapped round Gabe's sister's neck.

"Yes, this is an actual snake. And she is a she, not an thing. Her name is Harriet. She usually won't bite strangers," Said Gabe's sister, not particularly reassuringly.

Shaking his head, Gabe pulled Quent into the house.

"That was my little sister, Drew. She's obsessed with animals, wants to be a vet or something. We have three cats, two dogs, one snake, about a million fish and at the moment she wants a hamster. Lucky our house is big, you aren't allergic to any animals are you?"

"No," Answered Quent, a little surprised.

"This is my room," Gabe told him, opening the door to an enormous light blue room decorated with band posters, a humongous double bed standing in the middle of it.

"Wow." Breathed Quent. "Your room is huge. Mine is way smaller because my brother claimed the biggest one since I'll be gone soon, and there still a few boxes with stuff in them inside it."

"Right," said Gabriel, casually sitting down on the bed.

"We have to get these... abilities under control. Personally I wish we could just make them go away, but that doesn't seem possible at the minute. Our priority is stopping each other from seeing everything we're thinking. Any ideas?"

"Well I have one idea that always seems to come up in movies and books and stuff. We could try it I guess."

"That sounds like a good place to start," Gabe replied. "What do you have to do?"

"All you have to do us visualise a big, strong wall that will stop me getting in."

"That sounds stupid. How is that supposed to work?" Snorted Gabe.

"I don't know, it just does. We should at least try it though, you picture a wall and I'll try and dig a bit deeper into your thoughts."

"Fine," Agreed Gabe. "Is it working?" He inquired a few minutes later.

"No. Not really, but keep at it. Really imagine a strong, solid wall."

They carried on for a little longer, before suddenly Quent started.

"I think I just felt something just now. Yes, yes there it is! It's working!"

"Really?" Quent asked excitedly.

"Nope. I was just joking. But I found the porn folder!"

"What do you mean you found the porn folder?" Choked Gabe.

"I mean I found the porn folder. All the memories of all the porn you've ever watched. Mmmm, I haven't seen this one. I didn't know you watched gay porn."

"Aaaaaargh" Shrieked Gabe. "Get out of my head RIGHT NOW, or I will rip your head off with my teeth" Gabe roared.

"Aha!" Laughed Quent smugly.

"So you do watch gay porn. I was totally bluffing with the whole porn folder thing, brains are much less well organised than that. I just wanted to see whether you had or not, and that reaction means you have watched gay porn I di..."

His little speech was abruptly cut off by Gabe almost strangling him in frustration. Not that he minded all that much by the end, since they'd fallen backwards on to the bed, and Gabe was lying on top of him. So naturally Quent leaned up and kissed him full on the lips, which had the double positive effects of Gabe letting go of his throat and relaxing into the kiss, and just the general positive of kissing Gabe, something that was fast becoming one of his favourite things to do.

However, rather unluckily, at that precise moment Gabe's sister burst into the room.

"Hey Gabe, can I borrow a... Woah, so he IS your boyfriend."

"IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!" Yelled Gabe.

"We were just... Wrestling." He continued lamely.

"Yeah, because all wrestling involves synchronised lip movements. Save it bro, I figured it out already anyway. This just confirms my suspicious."

"What! How did you know?"

"I'm not sure, maybe I just sensed something between you two beyond friendship. Also, he was staring at your butt when I let you guys in. I won't tell mom yet, but you have to soon. Tonight."