"Your wasting your time," I state.

"I don't mind."

---

"Ding dong!"

What the hell..? I sigh and open the door.

"Hey! I'm Lucy a friend of Mara's.

"Uh, hi?"

"I know this is weird but Mar sent me here she said something about making you look presentable to go to Lauren's party.?"

"Uhh-"

Lucy smiles at me and walks into my house. Wow this girl is very out there.

Her brown skin glows in the light. She's gorgeous her dark hair falls down to her chest in natural bouncy curls and her brown eyes have true kindness in them.
I have a feeling I am going to get along with this girl.

A half an hour later me and Lucy are already laughing at the comedy playing in the tv and throwing popcorn at each other.

"We should probably get ready for the party," Lucy says looking at the clock on the DVD player.

"Uh.. Ya," I respond turning down the volume on the tv.

"Delilah I haven't even known you for that long and I already know something's up," Lucy says raising one eye brow.

"It's nothing"

"You sure? You can talk to me you know."

"I'm fine" I respond smiling. It's fake though, so fake that Barbie would be jealous.

---

After an hour I am already looking like a slut. Lucy made me wear a black skin tight dress that barely covers my ass. She curled my dark brown hair, made me wear black heel wedges, and she made me wear 'makeup.' I NEVER wear makeup.

Lucy wears a blue very short flowy dress, her hair is straightened pin straight, and she wears smokey makeup. She can pull it all off. While I look like a mess.

I have don't do parties so I'm a little sketchy about the whole idea. But Lucy seems excited that I'm going and I already promised Toby I would go.

Lucy sprays me down with perfume as the final touch.

"Done! You look hot girl those boys be tripping"

I laugh at Lucy.

"Well thanks."

"No problem girl, now let's go don't want to be late," Lucy responds grabbing her hand bag.

"Lucy.?"

"Ya?"

"We are already late," I state pointing to the clock.

"Well than we can be fashionably late,"
Lucy says dramatically as she flips her hair.

---

The lights flash as drunken kids stumble around.

"Damn already?"

I turn around to the sound of the voice.

"Luke."

"You look terrified," he responds taking a sip from his red cup.

"Um-I-I don't do parties."

Luke looks at me, he's doing it again. He's trying to read the emotion from my eyes. That seems to be a habit if his.

"Really?"

"Yes," I answer playing with my fingers nervously.

"Your really pretty you know that..?"

I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I know what it is your going to 'play' with my heart tonight just because I'm wearing a slutty dress and available. But by tomorrow you will forget my name and forget me. It's just the party talking. Am I spot on?"

"Not even close I actually mean it."

"Yeah, okay tell me that when your not drunk."

"I'm not drunk."

"You can barely stand strait."

"Okay so maybe I am, just a little"

"Yeah okay. Bye Luke."

"Wait no Delilah!"

I turn back around to face him.

"I like you better without the makeup and heels."

I smile slightly shaking my head at his words.

"I do to," I say quietly.

Luke smiles and walks away drowning in the dancing people.

Cut.

~~~~~~

^^^ will be explained in future chapters. Hope you enjoyed!