Going back...

I finish putting on my Hunger Games shirt and a pair of jeans. Then I throw on my shoes and my backpack. I walk out of my room and down the stairs, I walk out of the front door toward the car. I stop, then look back at the house. I remember that after Mrs. Brady picked me up, I had found my phone again. I ran back inside and grabbed it. I had always felt safer with my phone. I walked back out to the car, feelIng slightly better. Then Mrs. Brady drives me to the terrifying scene that everyone else calls school. As we arrive, she turns to me and says,"You can do this, Julia. Stay strong." I nod and get out of the car. As I walk through the doors, I turn back and wave. "Goodbye" I say, the dreadful word sticks in my throat like glue. I walk to my new locker. It is again shined crimson red just like all the others. I look down at my little piece of paper that reads my combination code. As I turn the lock to accommodate the numbers that it wants, I feel sick. It's almost hurts to be back here again. I see Molly and Amber. As I wave to them, they run over to me. "Oh my god! Is it true?" asked Molly, with that worried expression she always wears. I nod, and both Molly and Amber gasp. Amber then asks, "Can we see your scar?" As Amber asks this, Molly elbows her in the side, "What? I want to see it." "It's fine." I say as I turn around and lift up my shirt just enough so that they could see my scar. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that, " Molly says. " I'm sorry, too," Amber says in agreement. "I'm fine now, what have you guys been up to?" I ask. "We have just been deciding how we are going to do the dance this year," explained Amber. "And we were wondering if we could have you be our honorary guest?" Molly added. "Guys I just want my life to be as normal as possible, I don't want all the attention on me. It's already hard enough coming back to school. It would be even harder if people were swarming all over me, " I explain slightly agitated. "Ok," Molly said,"we'll still see you their, right?" "Yeah, I love those dances! You guys really have a talent for designing them. See you guys around, bye," I say with a slight smile. "Bye," they both say in unison.