My new "Life..."

I woke up a day later, in an orphanage.  I was surrounded by children, and I was the only teen.  I had a bandage on my painfully injured back, which was completely bloody. The kids did not come around me. I guess that they were afraid of the blood.  I also had a horrible headache.
I still wondered who had found me and brought me to the hospital.  I heard a cheerful voice talking, and a stern but caring one.  The stern voice said, "I want Julia.  Even if she is a teen, I knew her before, Mrs. Kettle.  I need her in my life!"  I knew this voice, I searched my brain for a name.
"Ok, Mrs. Brady," said the orphanage woman, Mrs. Kettle.
I couldn't believe my ears!  My heart was beating so rapidly, I thought it would burst right out of my chest.  I ran out to see if it was actually Mrs. Brady.  My eyes saw the women who wore her straight, waist length, brown hair in a tight bun, with her beautiful ocean blue eyes and tortoiseshell glasses.  I ran into her arms and cried.  She hugged me and said,
"You can call me mom, Julia."  I cried some more.
"I- I can't thank you enough, mom," I stuttered.
Mrs. Brady lived in a big white house with three bedrooms.  I slept in the second biggest room.  For once, everything seemed okay even though I was sure that the grief would never go away. Mrs. Brady told me how she had always wanted a daughter, but her first child had sadly died at birth. Her husband had died in a car crash just last year. She was heartbroken. It was weird because her best friend growing up killed her husband in that car accident, on purpose. She never could bring herself to tell me much about that night, but she did tell me that her friend had done this because she thought that Mrs. Brady was the driver of that car. Her friend had been in and out of mental asylums for a long time before this. She has never forgiven herself for letting her husband take her car to work that day.  We seemed to have quite a lot in common. She never wanted other children unless she adopted one for the fear of the death of another child. She is a great woman.  It was strange to see, but on the television, we saw Alice and her parents on the news.  Mr. and Mrs. Bell were in jail serving their sentences. Mrs. Bell having to be in there longer.  Alice got so messed up that she was sent to a mental institution. I thought about this a lot, and it wasn't really her fault. It was the way she was raised.  I knew deep inside she was a good girl with a bad background.  I don't think I could ever fully forgive her, but I have understood a lot more since then.