Hello?...

"Luke! Hi, I need some help,"  I said.
"Of course," Luke stated.  "Are you excited for the delicious dinner tonight?"
"Yes!  Hey, my mom is late to pick me up. She's never this late, I don't know what happened, and it's pouring!"
"I'm really busy, but I'll be right over in a-"
Then the line rudley got cut off. I soon got another call. I very reluctantly tapped the lime-green accept button, and all I heard was someone breathing slowly at first and then speeding up. A low mumbling sound also filled my ear through the phone.  I could make out the sound of a dog barking, too.  I couldn't make out what the person was saying,  so I hung up quickly.  I called Luke again, but I sadly got no answer.  The rain slowly stopped pouring down so hard, but it was still cold.  A thick layer of dark clouds completely covered the sky.  I lived a mile and a half from the school, so I figured why not just walk home, right? It beats just sitting here ever so helplessly.  So I made sure Mrs. Bridge wouldn't see me leave.  She was doing something on her phone.  I cautiously inched my way across the wet building and came across the black beat-down fence that surrounds the school.  There is really no point to the fence anymore; the former students had made sure work of that! I slipped my phone into my back pocket with ease as I sized up the fence. I took my backpack off to minimize the weight that I would have to carry as I wedged my feet into the few small gaps that still existed, and then I started to climb.  I could have easily slid through one of those oversized gaps that had been torn through the fence, but I had wanted to ensure that I did not tear my clothing-or my skin open-on one of the jagged edges of the fence. I nervously kept looking down estimating how long my terrifying injury impacting fall would be, if I did fall.  I just kept thinking to myself, you are almost there and eventually made it to the very top. Once I reached that point, I easily hopped over it.