The last day of school...

It was a rainy Tuesday morning, almost depressing.  It wasn't sad to me, because today was the last day of school! June 3rd was finally here.  Then when the calendar proudly pronounced, June 4th, I would officially be out of school.  After what seemed like years of seventh grade, the year was now over.
Little did I know, it was going to go downhill, fast.  Real fast.
I leaped out of the comfort of my bed and threw on my beautiful orange tank top, this tank top had always been my favorite. I also pulled on my jeans shorts which accommodated this unbelievably warm weather. I glided my hair brush through my hair, brushing it into a ponytail, I then brushed my teeth at the speed of light itself and quickly flew downstairs.  I slammed into many corners, the coffee table, the couch, and then my mom's desk. I had scattered a case of pens my mom had always kept on her desk. Mom's desk was simple, it had her computer, a case of pens, a stack of papers, and a few other desk supplies. I quickly picked the pens back up and placed them back into their container. Finally, I crashed into our counter, trying to get breakfast as fast as I possibly could. "Julia, honey. What's the rush?" A woman said while looking over at me. "I'm not even done with the pancakes yet."  This was  the most kind, friendly, voice in the entire world.  My mother's voice.
I laughed, as I watched her flip a pancake. "Mom, today is the last day of school!  I am so excited to get it over with!" I watched mom smile as she glanced toward her desk.
"Try not to knock over my pile of papers next time, dear," Mom said as she picked up a piece of paper that had flown astray from the rest of the stack.  She explained to me that the papers are for her new job interview, and her possible future boss was coming over tonight.  The funny thing was that her new boss was going to be my best friend's mom. Donna Bell.  Mrs. Bell was coming at noon today, so I would be at school.
"Hey honey, my interview with Alice's mom is tonight." "Good luck today, I know that you are going to be great."  I said trying to encourage her.  My mom's work with the Bell's never bothered me because that meant that I got to spend more time with Alice.  When the pancakes were ready, my mother got a plate from the cabinet to my left as I reached around the right side of the counter to get a fork and knife from the drawer. When mom placed the pancakes in front of me, I quickly gulped them down, and ran out of the door.  I heard my mom yell to me before I left, "Bye Julia!  Have a fun day today!"  Little did I know how important those words would be to me and are going to be forever. When I look back I only wish that I would have answered with something more meaningful than a quick wave as I sprinted away, but that is a mistake I will never be able to fix.
I sprinted onto the bus and sat alone, as usual.  My bus was  full of loud, shrieking kids, but I'm more of the silent type. So I sat and played on my phone until we get to school.  I quickly walked to my locker and sat through all of my classes that day.  The only class I always dreaded was the last class of the day. History...