To Be Imprinted On...-Chapter Nineteen

Start from the beginning

'Aiden, look at me' I placed my hands on both sides of his face. 'Alex...' Sikes warned.

'He's not going to hurt me' I turned to look at Aiden. 'You're not going to hurt me, you're just angry. Just picture something in your head...something that you love more than anything in the world-'Sikes cut me off by saying 'More than that ugly shirt you like so much' I smiled thankfully at him. A faint smile appeared on Aiden's face and his eyes opened.

'I really like that shirt' Aiden muttered. I hugged him and he hugged me back. 'I'm sorry, Alex' Aiden murmured, I had enough of his apologies; none of this was his fault.

'I think Kanen's right, no matter how much of an ass he is' Aiden said after pulling away from me to look at my face.

'No, he's wrong. He was just testing your temper-he deserves to have a drill, drilled into his groin' I declared, fiddling with the buttons on Aiden's polo shirt. Aiden and the other boys laughed.

'C'mon Alex, let me take you home' Aiden chuckled still finding what I said funny. We decided to walk home because I wanted to talk to the human Aiden-not the wolf Aiden.

Aiden's P.O.V:

As I walked with Alex, I listened to her stories about her and Iyannah and I found each and every one of them, cute, funny or just plain crazy. This will be the last time I'm holding hands with her for a long time...I didn't know how I was going to tell her that I had to stay with Kanen because as the pack leader, what he says-goes, I wasn't supposed to be a bad-tempered wolf but my background and personality made me that way and there was nothing I could do about it except to go to Kanen.

We came to a halt at Alexis' house-I better get used to calling it that, I won't be coming here for a while-Simon and Luke's car weren't in the drive way, Luke must've gone to Vanessa's house and Simon must've gone to the station. Luke had a car that he was only allowed to drive in the weekends.

I lead Alex up the porch steps, she unlocked the front door with her key and stepped in, and she went towards the stairs and turned around when she realized I wasn't behind her, she grinned and came to stand by the door again but she didn't come out.

'Aren't you coming in?' Alex smiled, stretching her hand out for me to take it, I did.

'I'm gonna go back home for a while' I told her, hoping she wouldn't cry because if she does-I don't think I'd be able to leave her.

'Oh, okay' Alexis frowned, fiddling with her keys. Ok, this is going better than I thought it would be, I waited for her to ask why if she does, I'll have the answer ready. 'So what time are you coming back?-I'll get Dad to save you some dinner'-She obviously didn't get what I meant by 'a while'

'A couple of months' I muttered and began to walk away, I heard rushing footsteps behind me and something grabbed my arm.

'What do you mean by a couple of months?' Alexis demanded, tightening her grip on my shirt. This shirt has been through so much...it's been through phases, my hot temperature when I'm angry and now Alexis' constant grabbing.

'Just 'til I get my anger sorted out-then I'll come back, I promise' I said gently, I meant that promise. The moment I figure out how to solve my anger issues, I'll come back to her-I couldn't leave Alex when she might be in danger from Mr. Samuels even if she wasn't, I couldn't leave her at all.

'Your anger is fine' Alex said clearly lying, anyone could tell from a mile away that she had no idea what she was saying.

'You can't even look me in the eye and say it' I sighed, and placed my hand on her cheek. 'Alex, if I loose my temper and you're too close...' my voice trailed off, if I hurt Alex, God knows what I'd do to myself or what Luke might to me or even worse-What Simon might do, that guy knows how to shoot with his eyes blind folded.

'You won't, I'll help you' Alex whispered, placing her hand on mine and pressing my hand into her cheek. I scoffed; I tried to picture me as a wolf and Alex with a whip in her hand trying to control my anger. Pfft. 'You're gonna try and tame a wolf?' I scoffed, emphasizing 'you're' I turned and began walking again, my heart aching every time it beat.

Alexis' P.O.V:

How can he just leave me like this?-I thought he loved me, people don't do this to those they love...or do they? I don't care if they do or don't-I wasn't going to allow Aiden to do this to me so I went after him again, I tried to grab his arm but he was walking to fast.

'Yes, No-I don't know, I'll do anything, Just...just...please don't leave me...' my voice trembled as tears ran freely down my face. Aiden continued walking as if he didn't hear me; he was almost on the other side of the road now. 'Kiss me!' I exclaimed. Aiden stopped walking and turned to face me, he took several steps forward so that our faces were touching.

'Why?' he croaked, he sounded like he might cry too. I tip toed so my lips can touch his but me moved his head away. 'Why?' he asked again.

I had the perfect answer, but I was scared to say it, scared of what he might say or do in his reaction. 'Because...' I began, the answer was on the tip of my tongue but I was frightened to say so instead I said. 'Because I want you to' I tried tip toeing again, Aiden lifted his head higher. 'Not good enough' He said, making his forehead touch mine. 'Why? Alex'

Out with it!-A voice shouted in my head-'Because I love you and when you kiss me,--I feel like it's just me and you-the world disappears' I smiled, finally happy that I got it out, I tip toed again.

Aiden's P.O.V:

After she said it, my heart skipped a beat. I'd been waiting weeks for her to say that now that she said it all I want to do Is kiss her, I wrapped her arms around her waist and pulled her close and brought my mouth to her ear. 'You really mean that?' I whispered, kissing her ear and moving towards the mouth. 'Yes' she whispered. I looked her in the eye and crushed my lips to hers.

Alexis' P.O.V:

The moment Aiden's lips touched mine the fireworks went off in my head. The wind blew wildly causing my hair to whish around and get all messy. I ran my fingers through his hair-so soft! Aiden pulled away, out of breath from the passionate kiss.

'What is it?' I asked in a whisper, searching his face for a answer.

'I'm sorry, Alex' Aiden muttered, removing his arms from my waist, my eyes began to well up with tears. 'You deserve better than me, You deserve someone who knows how to make things up again after making you feel bad, not just someone who's just good with Sorry'

'No, I deserve you and you deserve me' I cried, clutching onto his hand as he tried to walk away.

'Alex, will you promise me one thing?' Aiden turned around again, I nodded.

'Promise me, that you'll move on that you'll find a guy better than me that you'll find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have YOU... The one who turns to his friends and says, that's the girl I love....Just promise me you'll do that, because if you find a guy who'll hurt you like i have...i'll come back and kill him'

I shook my head and placed my hand on his chest. 'I don't want that guy...I want YOU' I spoke through my teeth getting angry at Aiden's reluctance to stay.

'Don't be mad...please don't be mad. I can't leave knowing that you're mad at me' Aiden pleaded, I shook my head and gulped. 'I'm not mad at you'.

Aiden smiled and walked away again, my face crumpled up as I sat down on the porch steps and watched heart-broken the love of my life walk away from me and disappear into the woods.

-SOBS- So sad.

I'm posting the next chapter ASAP! :)