Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen

Alexis' P.O.V:

I reluctantly made my way towards the science department-hopefully Mr. Littlewood was back from his 'holiday'. I peeped through the window in the door, I sighed. Mr. Samuels was dictating boring information about the sun while the class copied it down in their own words. I looked at my watch-five minutes till break, what harm would it do if I was to just miss this lesson-besides I know too much about the sun-I felt a burning sensation in my neck, I placed my hand to where the locket that Mr. Samuels took from me rested on my chest. The pain went away.

That was odd. I could hear a womanly voice coming from the class next door, Mrs. Stewart, I peeped through the window in their door that was Aiden and Luke's class. If they saw me bunking they'd snitch to Dad. Their classroom had a huge window on the wall that showed what was going on in the hallway, I ducked down and crawled. When I thought that the window had passed, I stood up. I looked to my right and Aiden and Luke were looking directly at me, the whole classes' attention turned to me. I grinned joyfully.

Mrs. Stewart looked at me too. 'Where are you going, Alexis?' she mouthed, I took out a random piece of paper from my bag, knowing she'd ask for my hall pass. 'Medical' I mouthed back gesturing to the direction of the nurse's office. She nodded. 'Hall pass?' I waved the paper to her. I felt the burning again, this time it was more powerful, I placed my hand on the window to keep myself up. 'Alex, are you alright?' Mrs. Stewart asked, her voice sounding concerned. I nodded, and looked up. Aiden was standing up, Melissa was scowling.

'I'm fine just need to go to the medical' I assured the class and Aiden, I speed walked to the medical and knocked lightly on the door.

Nurse Nancy opened the door; she smiled, showing her perfect teeth, she was young.  

'Hello Alex, can I help?' Nancy greeted opening the door wider for me to come in; I came in and sat on the bed. 

'Yeah, I'm having some chest pains...have you got any paracetamol or anything?' I asked, tapping my fingers on the bed impatiently. My chest was burning. 

'Alex, you know I'm not allowed to give you tablets, just in case if you' Nancy started to explain in her doctor tone. 

'Yeah yeah, I know, just in case if I have side effects but I won't, I've had 'em before!' I snapped, interrupting her, she was testing my patience. All of a sudden I felt angry-really angry and I had no idea why I just wanted something to numb this pain and I wanted it now. I began to search through all the cupboards in the room. 

'Where is it?' I muttered to myself. 

'Alex, what are you doing?' Nancy asked, trying to stop me. 

'Where is it!?' I demanded, a little too loud.  

'Where's what?' Nancy said in a calm tone. 'Please, lower your voice'  

'Pfft. You lower your voice, where the heck is the pain killers?' I snapped, I had no idea why I told her to lower her voice when I was the one who was shouting. 

'I told you-we're not allowed to give students tablets, we don't have any here, how about I call your Dad and you can go home and get the tablets' Nancy replied, still in a calm tone 

-She must get this all the time, the way she's going on, it sounds like she's used to it-

I shook my head. 'No, I'll ask someone else' and I stormed out the room.

Aiden's P.O.V:

'Where is it!?' The whole class heard a familiar voice demand, I was thinking it was Alex but then I thought about that goth chick who normally goes to the medical to demand for her 'stuff'. 

Mrs. Stewart told the class to continue with our work, so Luke and I just shrugged it off and continued to answer questions from the text books.

Conversation filled the air in the room again, and Mrs. Stewart returned to her desk and continued to mark exams.  

The door flew open and Alexis stepped in-she looked really angry and desperate. The class silenced.

'Oh look, it's the school's personal giraffe' Melissa jeered at Alex, why does everyone always have to insult her freckles-personally I found them cute. The class laughed and looked at Alex who had a smirk on her face, the locket around her neck was glowing. Hmm, must be the light. Nancy entered the room, she stood by the door. 'Alex, come with me' she said, softly. 

Alex looked at her. 'Like hell I will-what kind of Nurse doesn't have tablets?'

'Alex, I think you should go with her, maybe she could remove the permanent bird crap on your face' Melissa jeered at Alex again, I turned to face Melissa and gave her another death stare, Luke was about to say something when Alex spoke.

'Melissa, you look great' Alex smiled, a bitter edge to her tone.

Melissa grinned back; she was a sucker for compliments-about herself. 'Thanks' 

'Pfft. Are you kidding me-you look like two hundred pounds of failed abortion' Alex jeered back. The class 'ooed', Melissa's mouth turned into a small 'o'. Luke and I tried to contain our laughter.

'Calm down, class!' Mrs. Stewart yelled from her desk. The class silenced again, mostly to hear more drama.

'Right, let's get straight to the point-who's got paracetamol or some sort of pain killer' Alex demanded, the class fell silent. 'Oh, Come on! Y'all might as well come clean now, Jared?' Alex said looking at Jared, who sells tablets in the patio-it's a surprise that he hasn't got caught yet.

Man, our school's messed up.

'Alex, I think you should go with Miss Whitfield' Mrs. Stewart said in a calm tone to Alexis who ignored her and stormed over to Jared and emptied his school back, boxes of painkillers and paracetamol and some other stuff poured out. 

Alex picked up two boxes and lifted them in the air to show the class. 'Now that's what I'm talking 'bout!' she started giggling and punched Jared in the arm. 'I'll pay you later' and with that she went out of the room. Nancy followed.

'That wasn't my sister' Luke said, when the class began talking again, mostly about what just happened, Mrs. Stewart was telling Jared to pack his stuff up and make his way to the principle's office.

I heard a scream and then a thud. The whole class ran out the room-I was the first to get up. 

Alex was on the floor and Nancy was putting her in a recovery position. I tried to focus on the bond,to see what she was feeling; i was getting anything that meant she had no feelings-and only someone who was dead felt nothing, I felt something knot up in my chest. Luke skidded on the floor beside his sister and I did the same. I looked up and Mr. Samuels was standing there, when he caught my eye-A sly, faint grin appeared on his face. Son of a-

Author's Note: 

I don't mean to ruin it, but Alex isn't dead. Just passed out. I'll explain to you what happened with the locket. Mr.Samuels put a spell on it so whenever he wants to he can control her, he can make her evil, rude or just bad ass. I need some ideas as to what would happen, So...What do you think??