“Why Louis? I mean I know you love Elena but couldn’t you love me enough to let me come out? Did you pity me now that I’m going after my best mate who’s straight? Are you ashamed…of me?” Harry looked down at the duvet now, biting his lower lip.

All the while that he was talking, I merely shook my head at every claim. I was on the verge of tears. “I’m sorry Harry. I just freaked out.”

“And that’s what you do? Turn my feelings into a joke?” He laughed bitterly, causing me to wince at his accusation.

“Harry it’s not like that at all, I swear!”

“Then tell me what it is Louis.”

I couldn’t think of anything, words caught in my throat, refusing to come out.

“Fine. Have a good day Louis Tomlinson.” Harry stood up and headed towards the door.

My brain snapped at his words. I knew that if I let him leave right now, it will never be the same towards us.

“Harry, I love you!” I shouted. He froze on spot. “Ok? I don’t really understand if I’m in love with you or just love you but Harry Styles, you’ve been on my mind since the first kiss. I just don’t get it. Am I gay or just confused?”

Harry came towards me again, slowly. “Then why?”

I knew he was referring to my outburst from earlier.

“I didn’t want them to look at you differently, well at least until I have the nerve to come to terms with my own feelings. I want to be there for you Harry. Give me time ok? Please?”

“I’m not gonna give you up Louis, just remember that, alright?” He gave me a toothy grin. I laughed and nodded.

“I know.”

“But about Elena –”

“She found out my feelings towards you and wanted us together. But when you told me that the kiss on the couch meant nothing, I just blurted out I was going out with her. It was wrong to lie but I needed to get over you,” I admitted.

“Louis, I’m sorry.”

I chuckled and shook my head. “It seems like we keep apologizing to each other.”

“Yeah because we’re such a mess.”

I couldn’t have said it any better. “We really are two cheeky lads, aren’t we?”

“It adds to the appeal, I guess.”

“How are we gonna act around them now?” I wasn’t worried but it seems like the other boys might detect that something was wrong.