Chap 9. Perfect Plan

Armaan's POV

I took a deep breath and rose the knife into the air when all of a sudden Qibriyah's eyes shot open. Upon grasping the situation, her eyes went wide.

Before she could scream, my brain came into track and I muffled her scream by my left hand while the other dropped the knife it was holding.

Thankfully, the knife fell on the couch so it didn't make any sound.
She pushed my hand away as she jumped off the couch and rushed to the other side of the room, her hand on her heart.

Her eyes looked terrified. I couldn't look at them. It suddenly dawned on me what I was about to do.

Ya Allah! What was I thinking?

It was the first time I heard Qibriyah cry. Her muffled sobs echoed in the  room.

I couldnt take it anymore so I just left the room with a frizzy brain.

___________________________

After not getting even a wink of sleep, I managed to go downstairs for breakfast.

Qibriyah wasn't present on the table. Upon asking, Hiba and Maria told me she was sleeping in their room. They looked at me suspiciously when I asked how she was doing.

"She has a fever. She came to us in the middle of the night. Said she couldn't sleep." Hiba shrugged.

I saw Basith give me a look that said I know you are involved.

I cleared my throat and stood up.
"I'm not hungry" I said and left.

The screeching of a chair confirmed it to me that Basith was following me.

I was halfway into climbing the stairs to my room, when Basith pulled me into a corridor.

"Spill." He gave me a stern look.

Basith and I had been friends ever since. He understands me more than anyone in this house. I mean Saad is mature too but he has a soft heart. Not someone who can listen to what I have to say. But we have quite a bond as well, since he has a passion in cooking. He reminds me of a younger me.

"She's not sleeping. She is hiding in Hiba and Maria's room. I saw her a few minutes ago, she took her breakfast inside." He sighed. "Man, she was freaked out. I know it is something related to you. What did you do to her?"

I explained to him everything that happened last night.

He stared at me with a look of disappointment."I didn't know you'd take it this far." He shook his head. "I keep telling you to quit working for him. He's a monster. He'll ruin you one day. If you want to keep us and her safe, you have to quit. You can't hide us forever!" He yelled referring to my Boss.

Hide.

Something I've been doing for so long.

"Thats it!"

His eyes widened in surprise, "You're quitting?"

"No silly! How about we hide her too?"

His face fell.

"Please tell me this is a good plan. Everyone will be safe." I pleaded.

"You have to promise something first."

I nodded.

"You'll give up working for him as soon as this is over. If he finds out.."

"I promise. Okay?" I smiled.

"What proof are you going to give to your boss?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Boss trusts me more than anyone, since he gave me this task. But isn't this for the safety of a girl's life?

It's gonna be a big white lie.

"I've got a perfect plan by which you can change her name so no one will be able to recognise her" he smirked. Typical of him to do that.

"We'll see that later." I waved it off.

Little did I know his sneaky little plan was going to change my life.

"There's just one thing left." He began. "Her family needs to be confirmed of her death too. Thats sad and wrong, but we've got no other option. How are you gonna do that?"

I remembered boss' words.

I have a cop who's involved with me. He'll convince everyone of her death.

"That will be taken care of." I smiled.

It's time for history to repeat itself.

________________________________

Salaam guys! There's an update!
It's a request to y'all-please share your views. Also, don't hesitate to point out mistakes. It's really helpful and I dont mind them at all.

Please vote, comment and share.

GorgeousHijabi :)