Chap 8. If he was a girl....

Qibriyah's POV

The next morning I woke up on the couch, earlier than everyone. I chose to sleep on the couch in the living room as I didn't want to disturb the twins by invading their room. Besides, they didn't have a place for me to sleep in their room.

I sat on the couch, grieving for my lost phone. I traced my mind trying to remember where I left it.

The door to my left opened and walked out a very sleepy Saad.

He stumbled around until he was fully awake. The he noticed me and smiled.

"Assalam wa alaikum" I greeted, smiling.

"Wa alaikum assalam. Where's everyone?"

I shrugged.

He walked to the kitchen with me following.

"What would you like for breakfast?" He asked.

"You cook?"I asked.

He rubbed the back of his neck, saying, " Yeah..I took lessons from Armaan as he can't prepare food for everyone everyday. So I finish off breakfast and lunch before going to school"

"Impressive" I nodded.

" Ya Allah! Get away from me, you disgusting person!" Said Amir to his sister, as they both entered the kitchen.

"I'm not the one who peed in bed till I was 6" Hafza stuck her tongue out as Amir pinched her arm.

Hiba sighed as she too entered in a sleepy state "Stop fighting at this time, you two."

"You hair looks like you escaped from a mental asylum" Maria chuckled as she took a seat.

Basith scoffed," look who's speaking. Your hijab is stinking like anything."

"Hey!" She defended herself.

Soon everyone ,except Maira and Armaan, was gathered in the kitchen.

The aura was very cheerful and gave a homely feel.

Soon Armaan joined breakfast while Maira was still enjoying her beauty sleep.

"Hey, you seem tensed. Anything bothering you?" Basith questioned the lines on Armaan's forehead.

Armaan shook his head as he stared at me with an unusual expression, eyes filled with pity.

Why on earth would he pity me?

I shook my head and continued devouring the delicious pancakes Saad made.

"They are really amazing Saad. I don't even feel like I'm kidnapped" I joked but everyone in the room gave me a weird look followed by daggers from Armaan.

Oops.

I chuckled awkwardly, "kidding."

Armaan passed me a look that said I've had enough now .
_______________________________

"Are you kidding me?" I gave Basith a bewildered look when he told me they had just three bathrooms in this huge house.

Maria chuckled as she filled lunch boxes with rolls.

"I'll lend you some clothes and you can freshen up-"

A loud chorus of "After me!" interrupted Maria.

I sighed.

"Hey, no one uses Armaan's bathroom. You can use it. He is in the laundry right now."

I grimaced at first but then my smelly armpits reminded me that I really need to bath.

"Kay" I nodded and followed Hiba with some of Maria's clothes to Armaan's room, the only room on the third floor.