Chapter 28- I'm Sorry

-Mary Flo-

They were all gone. My family, friends, strangers. I don't have anyone to turn to. I've had a few suicidal thoughts. Or deciding to cut. I didn't have any death wishes. I just wanted to be free from this misery.

"Mary! Someone's here to see you!" My mother shouted. I walked down the stairs slowly and to my surprise, I saw her. It was Katrina...

"Katrina?" I asked nervously. My mom folded her arms.

"I never expected someone would come and see you,"My mom muttered under her breath.

"Mary!" Katrina yelled while throwing her arms over me. I stood there in shock for a few seconds. After all this time, she left but came back for me. "I'm sorry I left! I needed to. I never intended to hurt you!" A tear ran down my face and I returned the hug.

"I'm sorry I ever did those things with you. It wasn't my intention to run," I apologized in between sobs.

"Okay Katrina, you could leave now. Mary would like to be alone," My mom stated. Katrina pulled away and started leaving. No mom, you're wrong. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to stay in this misery.

"Katrina wait!" I yelled.

"Mary! Don't you want to be alone?! Let Katrina go!" My mom shouted angrily.

"I don't want to be alone! I don't want to be like this forever! Let me be!" I screamed in frustration. Katrina looked surprised. My mom's anger was building up.

"Mary Flo! Don't yell at me! Listen to me!" She yelled again.

"I'm not mom! I'm not going to! I'm not gonna be alone! I won't listen to you! That's just who I am!" I shouted at the top if my lungs. I went by Katrina's side. "Lets go Katrina!" I yelled. She smiled as we got into her car.

"You finally broke free Mary. You did it," Katrina exclaimed. I smiled. It felt good that you're not alone and free. Getting rid of the darkness in my life felt good too. The past is in the past anyways.

"So where do you wanna go now that I'm free?" I asked.

Katrina stayed silent for a moment.

"Let's run away again. But this time, no ditching, no leaving, no getting into anymore trouble," Katrina added. I smiled as we drove into the city and out.