Chapter 10- Wait,What?

Jerome

It was like any other day. No duh, it was like any other day. You know me, the free-living bacca #1 and Chole, the

crazy-looking bacca #2. We're just chillin' like any other bacca. I haven't been keeping up with the Team lately. They've always been traveling and focusing on their business almost everyday. Knock! Knock! Someone banged on the door.

"I'll get it!" I called to Chole.

"K Jerome. I'm too lazy to get up anyways," Chloe stated. I opened the door and Mitch's smiling face appeared.

"Biggums!" He yelled, arms out wide.

"Mitch!" I shouted and we fell into a bro hug. "Long-time no-see bud! In person that is."

"Bromance," I heard Chloe mumble.

"So how's it going?" I asked as we took our seats.

"Pretty good, pretty good. Except that Jessica got hurt in a car crash," Mitch explained. Once he said that Chloe started to pay attention to our conversation, and my eyes widened.

"Is she okay?" Chloe asked in a panicked tone. We both turned towards Mitch.

"The doctors say she's in a critical condition. We're not even sure she'll live. Even worse, Jason cheated on her and she found out." Chloe's jaw literally dropped wide open.

"Oh my gosh, I hope she'll be okay," Chloe said. Mitch turned towards Jessica.

"So how's you and Adam been going?" He asked Chloe. I could see her sinking into the chair and she began to blush. Everything just went from being worried to a pool of confusion.

"Wait, what? You and Adam are dating?" I asked Chloe. She didn't respond and I figured she was dating him. No way, I thought.

"Oh sorry Chloe... but Jerome, I thought you knew about that," Mitch apologized awkwardly.

"No I didn't until now. Chloe,why didn't you tell me this?" I asked. Chloe was still stuck in her seat, not saying a word. Finally she spoke.

"It's a long story and I didn't want to bother you by knowing we were dating. I know it's awkward. But please Jerome, please," Chloe entreated. Mitch was just awkwardly sitting there and I didn't know what to say.

A couple of weeks ago...

Adam

The air was fresh and the wind rustled the leaves on the tree above me. I was in the park after our last day in collage. I was just relaxing and planning what I wanted to do now that I was done in school. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Jerome's sister,Chloe, walk out of the high school nearby. I knew

She was a senior in high school and I was on my 2nd year of collage. Don't get me wrong I'm not a stalker. Er- idk!

She walked near the park and I didn't know if I should say something. Being the lively person I am, I leaped up to action.

"Hey Chloe!!" I yelled across the park. Chloe quickly noticed me and She walked over to me.

"Oh, hey Adam," She said looking more cuter than ever. Stop it Adam!

"Hi Chloe! uh wassup?" I asked a bit nervous. I liked Chloe. Yes, I would just admit it now. If I started dating her though, it would just be awkward for Jerome and I. Hey, it's called taking chances.

"Um nothing really," She said. I scratched the back of my head.

"Hey listen, I gotta tell you something." She didn't say a word after that and motioned me to just tell her. "We've know each other for, some time and I want to know would you go out with me?" I asked her nervously. Chloe raised an eyebrow but she wasn't shocked.

"Well, Adam, I don't know what to say but..." She left her sentence to think. "But Jerome, I don't want to bother him with this." I was starting to think she was gonna say no.

"Oh I understa-"

"But it's a yes." She cut me off. I had a huge grin on my face and she smiled too.

"Don't worry about Jerome. We'll just keep a secret from him," I reassured her. She nodded and smiled at me.

"So, where to first?" She asked. I took hold of her hand.

"Anywhere you want," I said and we took a quick stroll.

Present Day-Jerome

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" I asked Chloe.

She was still stuck to her seat and Mitch was just waiting impatiently.Mitch stood up and headed towards the door.

"I should probably leave," He said looking like he was unsure.

"Let's talk about this later," I whispered to Chloe. She nodded and rapidly ran upstairs. Then I turned to Mitch, who already positioned himself to leave.

"Aww c'mon buddy? Can't we just hang out? It has been quite sometime since we had the chance to," I told him.

"Alright, only for you biggums," He replied with a huge grin on his face.

Only for you biggums...

Jessica

My eyes fluttered wide opened. I found myself still in the hospital room, unable to move. My phone was an inch away from my fingers and I still wasn't able to reach it. Just a little bit closer, I thought. My fingers were outstretched, so close to my phone. I could feel my phone with only the tips of my fingers. Finally, I decided to give up and call for assistance.

"Nurse!" I yelled. A Nurse came rushing into the room as soon as I called.

"How can I help you Jessica?" She asked.

"Can you hand me my phone?" I asked, my fingers barely touching my phone. She nodded and gave me my phone. I could tell she was confused by my question but I didn't mind.

"If you need me again, call me," She informed me. I nodded and she left the room. I glanced at my screen and noticed I had about 100 notifications from my mom and my friends, including people from TC (Team Crafted). Most importantly, Chloe was the person who was the most important out of all those notifications. Well, besides my mom of course. I checked out her message and it said;

"Hey hope you've been feeling better. Things haven't been going too well here with Jerome. Hey listen, I got to tell you something, I'm dating Adam and I just wanted to tell you that. Best wishes. -Chloe"