Chapter 8- Mary Flo's Story (pt.2)

Mary

I slowly closed our apartment door to make sure no one heard me leaving.

All my belongings were in my bag, cluttered and messed up. I made sure I left nothing that reminded anyone of me. I called up Katrina and she was ready to go in the front of my apartment.

"You're Katrina right?"I asked a girl outside of the building. She looked like a regular teen girl. Compared to me, I'm a total shocker. The girl turned her head towards me and smiled.

"Yeah! I'm so excited for this trip..uh.. Mary Flo?" Katrina asked. I nodded. I was surprised that she wasn't shocked by my look.

"So why do you want to run away?" I asked as we started walking.

"I thought I'd try it out. Nothing really personal or anything." I doubted that. "What about you?" I took a deep breath.

"Well my family. They basically hate me and I have the most stupidest life ever. That explains pretty much everything." She gazed at my clothes but still she didn't say anything. "So where are we going?"

"Anywhere we want." I looked back at the city, quickly disappearing behind us. "I've always wanted to see the countryside or live in the woods," Katrina stated. "You?"

"The forest," I said. Katrina nodded and we continued walking, making an awkward silence.

"Where do you two think you're going?" We heard a voice. Our heads snapped around and found a big gang on the side of the street. There were three boys and a girl in their group.

"Hah you really want to know stalker?" Katrina asked.

"Technically, we're not stalkers," The girl spoke.

"Well, technically we're not your business either so leave us alone!" I scolded them...