Chapter 7

"You know your not as bad as I thought." Cookie spoke as she mixed her coffee together. Dwayne and her went off for coffee after she met up with her sister. She's the designer that's finishing her dress. Now they were in the elevator on their way to her office.

"Why thank you." He joke fluttering his eyes jokingly. It felt good for Cookie to have someone new to talk to.

"You know about that dance...I had a question. Would you be my date tonight?" My eyes went wide. That was a change of subjects. I smiled nervously. It would be nice to have a date but....

' But nothing' Her subconscious shouted.

"You know what..Yes I will." She grinned. He smiled in return.

"Let's get something clear though. Thus isn't high school don't think you'll be tapping anything after." I said sternly. He rose his hands in mock surrender with a chuckle.

"Got it." He responded.

"Lastly, I'm not really looking for a relationship. I wanna have fun tonight. I just want a friend. Can you be that for me?" She asked. She meant it.

All the men she's dated since she's been out have hurt her somehow. She wants a friend. It could have been a girl or boy she diddnt care. She needed a friend. One that would stay strictly platonic.

She hoped it could be him. He reminded her of her childhood bestfriend. Alexander sure he was Mexican but they had the same personality. Alexander lost his life in fight gone bad.

"Platonic?" She asked. He nodded than stuck out his pinkie.

"Platonic." He grabbed Cookies hand and made her pinkie promise. They both had a laugh.

"I'm gonna be honest as much as I find you attractive. I have my eyes on that assistant of yours. She's different I like it." Cookie smirked that was a nice way of putting it. Porsha was something else.

"Are you sure you wanna go with me? Then go chase her?" She questioned. That would look bad.

"What would you say..if I already told her and asked her out and she told me to ask you and you would no why she did it." The whole statement was rushed into one word kind of.

We stepped of the elevator and walked into my office. We both took a seat on the couch. What she has grasped is Porsha told him to take her. Cookies guessing its because she and her have been talking about how she needs to have fun.

She still hasn't forgiven Lucious and she can't say she has. Sure she's not angry anymore because that takes alot to do everyday. She refused to cry anymore as well. That dosent mean she's looking to get back with him. Porsha wasn't slick she wanted to make Lucious mad.

"She signed off on it. So cheers to a fun night." He rose his Coffee cup and clinked it with hers. They laughed hard he was silly.

"Am I interrupting something?" Lucious's voice suddenly made an appearance. He was leaning in the door way. He had a calm look on his face but, his stance was tense and rigid.

"No mate just having a laugh." Dwayne tried to say while laughing. His laugh was one of thoose contagious ones. Cookie started to giggle.

Lucious was being very calm. Although his mind was running wild screaming..

Threat...

That's what he viewed Dwayne as another male who caught his Lyoness's attention. That was never good. It brought the worst in him out. He couldn't stand another man touching her, making her laugh, getting her love and attention. That was his job and it'll remain his job.