Seduction

Image by Stefan Keller from Pixabay

Carter's voice rose. "Your exact words were it can't do much!"

Carter was standing in Anna's bedroom. It had a total princess vibe, all the way from the pink canopied bed to the white fur throw rugs on the wooden floor. The air was scented with vanilla, Anna's favorite perfume.

It was early evening and a light breeze flowed in through the open window.

"Calm down," Anna hissed. "My parents will hear us."

Carter took a deep breath and sat down on the bed.

"Now, show me what it did to you."

Carter pulled his t-shirt up, revealing tanned skin. Rows of scratches lined his side and part of his back. A few were slightly bleeding.

"It burns."

Anna looked like she'd seen this before. She quickly turned away. "Hold on a sec, I'm going to get some ointment. It will help with the burning."

Carter's eyes narrowed. "Anna, you know what did this, don't you?"

"No, I can't say that I know what did this. I do know it has bad intentions. For you, at least."

"No shit, Einstein!"

"Sshh!"

Carter lowered his voice. "Is it a demon?"

"I don't know."

"Great. Well, send it back.

"Why do you always think I dabble in supernatural stuff?"

"Because I saw what happened to you when we played with the Ouija board."

"We were like twelve years old. Just kids playing around."

Anna walked to her bathroom and rummaged around the medicine cabinet. She returned with a tube of ointment.

"You have some ability to connect to spirits or whatever."

"It's not my fault that they find me. I don't go looking for them. I can't send it back because I'm not the one who brought it here."

"Then who did?"

"I've been asking myself the same question," Anna sat down beside him and started dabbing the ointment on the scratches.

Carter winced.

When Anna had covered the last scratch, she put the lid back on the tube and said, "Okay, let's go over it from when it started. Remember when you and Alex were attacked by that invisible thing in the hallway?"

"Yeah."

"I think it's all related to that."

"So, what is this thing?"

"You won't like my answer."

"Just tell me it is."

"Fine. I think it's a cross between an evil spirit and a demon."

"Are you kidding me?!"

"Do I look like I am?"

"This can't be happening to me. It's too crazy."

~~~Image by Stefan Keller from Pixabay

Carter's voice rose. "Your exact words were it can't do much!"

Carter was standing in Anna's bedroom. It had a total princess vibe, all the way from the pink canopied bed to the white fur throw rugs on the wooden floor. The air was scented with vanilla, Anna's favorite perfume.