I lean back as they continue with the news. They were accurate with everything. TMV is more accurate than HollywoodLyfe. HollywoodLyfe has more bullsh*t than an actual bull's sh*t.

A lot of things happened before I moved to Los Angeles that I would like to bury, but unfortunately, when you're kind of known for, you don't have secrets anymore; no more privacy of any kind. You're exposed to the world, and that's why I moved as far away as I could with a good education for myself.

I liked it better when no one knew who I was.

~
December 27th, 2018
Southampton, New York
6 days till New Years

Vera's P.O.V.

3 hours later . . .
10:56 am.

The chauffeur parked in front of the house I grew up in ever since I was a little egg in my mother's ovaries, or in my father's—let's not get into that.

I feared to meet my father after a while. He was extremely upset last time we talked. That was over three years ago and we never talked since.

I was going to move to Los Angeles without him knowing. After I could leave, the damage would've been already done. Unfortunately, the plan didn't go the way I wanted it to go. Few hours before my flight to Los Angeles, we had gotten into a huge argument. It was so terrible, that I cried for days—weeks after it had happened.

I decided to leave even after all that. After I disappeared, it was all over TMV. Paparazzi's harassing my parents and wondered where did I disappear to, and what had happened between my father and I. Someone had leaked the argument we had and the internet exploded. We still couldn't figure out who had leaked the fight. but I'm guessing it was one of my parent's staff that worked at their house that day.

I was surprised that my interest in going to Los Angeles didn't leak out in any way. I was sure that TMV and other sources would find me in L.A. while I was studying in college, but they never did. I was relieved but I still lived with caution.

My location was my secret that I enjoyed keeping to myself. It kept me at peace. It was like I was in another life that I was living, and I loved every second of it.

~
June 22nd, 2014
Southampton, New York
4 hours till take off to Los Angeles, California

Elaine Bernacelli's P.O.V.

Flashback.
5:27 pm.

I was in Vera's big empty room helping her pack when suddenly I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Yes? Come in!" I raise my voice for the person behind the door to hear.

Lydia, one of my most trusted employees walked into the room. She worked for us for years; way before Vera was brought home from the hospital after she was given birth.

What beautiful years those were.

"Oh hello, Lydia. How may I help you?" I ask with a small inviting grin on my lips.

I was mostly kind to all of our employees unless they got on my bad side which isn't very often. Meanwhile, my husband is a complete polar opposite. He terrifies all of them. I think they all would've have quit or been fired by now if I wasn't here.