Spoonfull of New School, Dash of Unexpected+ a Pinch of Bitchy Girlfriends

"School Time!" Mom shouted from the corridor where all of our rooms were. I heard a few moans about the fact that it was early and a few doors opening.

"Urgh!" Mellisa groaned, walking out her room

"Mom! Its 8am! Quieten down a little, yeh?" Peter said, going down the stairs.

I flung my legs over the side of the bed and slipped on my slippers. Standing up and stretching, I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. It was just as I remembered, Black and White tiles making 4 rows on the walls. Wooden floorboards and a wooden round table to one side with matching chairs.

I ate a slice of toast as did everyone else in silence apart from the odd ''Can you pass the jam?''. Getting up from my chair, not being able to stand the sheer excitment of breakfasts (sarcasm) I walked back to my room to get dressed.

I threw on my denim short shorts and LA tank top with a purple cardigan over the top and my purple converse to match. I went into my en-suite bathroom and applied eyeliner to my top and bottom lids along with purple eyeshadow in a smokey effect and red lipstick. I put a small amount of foundation on because, not boasting or anything, but my skin was practically clear which saved me some time each morning. I brushed my wasit-length, dakr brown hair and curled it then draped it around each of my shoulders. Adding a few finishing touches to my look like my black beanie hat and at the last minute putting on some skin tights because it looked cold, I walked downstairs with my black satchel bag on one shoulder.

"You look nice" Mom said

"You too" I smiled as i saw her emerge from the kitchen with her hair curled into an updo and her best pencil skirt and ruffled blouse on.

"I told her that too!" Henry said, hugging her from behind and kissing her. They were so sweet together.

"Well I better get going" i lifted my hand into a half wave and left with Peter, Mellisa and Mellinda trailing behind me.

The school was a large brick building with multiple other buildings close by. The others had already gone to find where they need to go so I followed the sign that said 'Reception'. I soon found it and went up to the desk. Behind, was a middle-aged woman with bright red hair. She was slim with a orange dress on and pink high heels. She wore yellow tights and a blue cardigan. She was... Bright.

"Hello there, can I help you?"

"Erm... I'm Jamie-Leigh Williams. I'm new" I smiled sheepishly as she went through her unorganised desk, emerging with  a pile of papers.

"There is your timetable, a guide to the school, a map and other things that should help. I'm Miss. Evertt if you need me, I'd be here" She smiled kindly as I nodded and walked out of the automatic doors, opening up my timetable to see that my first lesson was English. I made my way to room 54 and walked in.

"ah, Miss... Williams?" Said the balding man at the front.

"Yes, Sir"

"Sit next to Taylor... Taylor, raise your hand please" A girl in the second row lifted up her hand and I took a seat next to her.

"Hi, I'm Taylor!" She said as the teacher turned back to the board.

"Jamie"

"I like that name" She smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. She had one of those smiles that no matter how sad you were, if they smiled, you smiled. I studied her face more closely as we chatted a little. She had her black hair cut into a pixie crop that made her Hazel eyes stand out. The Cambridge Collared shirt she wore and skinny jeans really showed off her slim figure.