Home

"Home'' Melinda said, dropping her bag to the floor of the airport as Mellisa -her twin- sent her a ''Are you okay?'' look. Melinda just nodded. When we'd left 6 years ago, Melinda and Mellisa were the ones that took care of us whilst Mom was looking for a job and when she got one, they were our babysitters. I felt a little sorry for them, having to bring up the 5 of us while our Mom was out but they never complained. I suppose it was better for them when Mom got married to Harry though.

Peter was smiling. He was happy to be back in England. When we'd fled, we'd gone to Mississipi in America. He'd never really like it and has been looking forward to this day for 6 years. His rucksack was slung over his shoulder, ready to go.

Alice, Carl and Georgina were only little when we left but I think they are excited to be in England because there faces were plastered with huge grins.

Mom, was petrified. She got a call a few weeks ago to say that Chris (Our Dad) had been taken into custody then charge with robbery. I didn't know much because Mom spoke to the police on the phone in private and gave them the details Chris had refused to give them. As soon as she should, she moved us back out to England because it's were we belong or something like that. It was alright for her though. Around a year ago, she married Harry. I like Harry, He's nice and kind and totally head over heels in love with Mom. They met at a party a year after we moved and had a big white wedding on Christmas Eve. He's rich as well which is a bonus.

Me, I didn't know what I wanted. I was 11 when we left, I never remembered much, partly because I wanted to forget everything to do with my Dad. I never even call my Dad anymore because he doesn't deserve to be called a father.

When we were back in America, Harry had hired a Mini Bus to meet us at the Airport to take us... I don't know where but to the place we were staying. After 10 minutes we found a middle-aged man holding a card up with 'Williams' written in black marker.

Mom and Harry talked for a minute to the guy and then we got in the Mini Bus. I was sat with Carl, Alice was with Georgina, Mellinda was with Mellisa and Peter sat on his own since Mom and Harry was sat in the front, talking to the driver.

After an hour or so, we arrived outside a house that I vagley remembered. It was a Semi-Detached victorian style house. The doors was white and freshly painted as were the window frames. The front lawn was mowed and had purple and pink flowers growing to one side. We parked on the drive and Mom paid the driver before he sped away, down the street. Getting the set of keys from her bag she opened up the door and we all piled in. Walking up the stairs, I remembered briefly where to go. When I got to the door, i looked over the 'Jamie's room' sign to see scribbles of some sort underneith. After trying but not succedding at trying to read it, I walked inside. The walls were the purple I remembered with drawings sellotaped around the place. The was an already made single bed with pink pillow cases and matching duvet cover out on the bed along with a purple throw, folded at the bottom. Against one wall was a white wardrobe with nothing inside and a white set of drawers.

I set my bag on the bed and started to hang my clothes up in the wardrobe and put things into the drawers. I didn't bring much because Mom said we'd be going shopping sometime soon.

"How are you, sweetheart?" Asked Mom, coming though the door.

"I'm fine, you?" I didn't look up but I could tell she was still a little nervous to be in this house since it was once her definition of hell.

"I'm holding up. Once our stuff is in it and were settled, everything will be fine!" She smiled to herself as she walked out the door. "Oh and you all start your old new school tomorrow!" She shouted over her shoulder.

"Great" I mumbled. It's not like I don't like school, it's just I don't like being new. I had been the 'New Girl' in America and I didn't really want to go through that again but i guess I had too.

It was around 9 when I finally settled in my bed. It may have been early for most but I needed my sleep if I was going to put up with whatever tomorrow brought.

My final thoughts were those of what tomorrow would bring. Would I make friends or enemys? Would the teachers like me? What's the school like? I'd only attended an English Primary, not an English 'Secondary School'. I don't get why they can't just say 'High School' Instead of sounding so posh and so... English. I fell to sleep with a smiel on my face, thinking about why England is so English