Chapter 14: Then So Be It

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Shadé, come on! They're his kids too. I don't like him, but let's be rational here, you can't do that to him and the babies. All children need their father, you know that," he said, pulling my arm back.

"They don't need Vincent! Fuck Vincent! They have me," I spat, tugging my arm from his grasp.

"You're probably not enough. You have a son and a daughter! Boys need a father to help them built masculinity and girls need a father figure so they wouldn't have to go out looking for one later. I know I could be both to the twins, but there are situations in which the biological parents have to make decisions; as in you and their father," he went on, but I ignored him as I tied my jogging Nike's on.

"Like I said, we'll have this conversation later," I hissed before slamming his door shut.

__________

I practically ran from the subway station until I finally reached the daycare center. Two black hummer limos were parked outside the daycare with four bodyguards leaning against each.

I pushed open the entrance and approached the arrogant receptionist. I mentally groaned at the sight of her.

"Hmm, what are you doing here so early," she asked, raising a dark brow.

"I need to pick up Caine, Valencia, and Victoria Hakim," I said steadily. Thank God for my stamina.

Jessica, or Jessie, suddenly stood in the open doorway of the door leading to the playrooms. "Ms. Hakim, could I speak to you for a moment," she said, gesturing for me to follow her.

"Where the hell is he," I immediately asked her once she closed the door.

"He's in the Cafeteria. He says that your children are his and that he wants to hold them, but we weren't sure, so we called you," Jessie said leading me straight down the hall.

"Thank you. But where are the twins," I asked.

"They're with Ava in the Level 3 room," she replied. "Valencia threw a truck at Princess Melanie while she was reading, but when we scolded her, she started acting up. And Caine, he just followed in whatever Valencia does a cries," she explained as we treaded down the daycare's halls.

While listening to the incident, I couldn't help but smile a bit. My daughter got to the bitch before I could. She's so lucky. But besides that, she did have to get scolded. I don't want her to grow up thinking she can throw things at people.

When Jessie opened the cafeteria doors, I caught a group of people sitting down at one table. Vincent, the asswipe, Lance, his uncle, Rodney, his brother, and Melanie, the bitch who deserves the ass whooping of a century. Her son was sitting on her lap, determinedly teething on a blue and yellow ring toy. I noticed Melanie sported a large, red bruise on her pale, skinny leg. Damn, how bad I wanted to laugh.

The four adults looked in my direction as Jessie and I approached them. The closer we got, the more I could see how strong Vincent's glare steadied itself onto me.

"Um, Your Highnesses, I'm going to have to ask you three to lea-," Jessica's words were swiftly cut short by Vincent's demanding voice.

"I want them here. Folashadé, come here," he said, averting his eyes to me.

A sarcastic chuckle escaped my lips as I looked to my right, as if I was looking at someone else, and then back to him. "Excuse me? I'm not your maid anymore-"

"Yup, you're his baby mama," Melanie said under her breath.

"Melanie, you better keep your son in your arms, cause if I catch you without him, I'm fucking you up," I threatened, briefly glaring daggers to the stupid bitch's face.