Chapter 4

Selena's POV

"HEY SLUTENA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" It was coming from behind me, but I didn't have the courage to turn around. Tears were building up in my eyes but I held them back, I'd dealt with a lot of hate, but when it's in person it's so much worse.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY?" Justin screamed, I decided to turn around and I noticed that Justin had gotten up and walked towards some guy.

Why was he even doing this? I hadn't even known him for a day, and he was sticking up for me.

Justin's POV

"HEY SLUTENA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" That's all I had to hear before I stood up. I'd only met Selena for a day, but I'd be lying If I said i hadn't already got a crush on her.

I realised it was Duke, me and Duke were mates about a year ago. Until he had sex with my current girlfriend at the time, and I'd hated him ever since.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY?" I screamed, I didn't care that everyone was staring at me. He'd crossed the line. It's not even the fact that he was calling Selena a slut...well that was part of it...but all the hate I had for him had all built up. I threw a punch at his jaw and he stumbled back, it was a strong punch so he was practically on the floor. Before I could throw another punch I felt someone holding me back.

"JUSTIN PLEASE STOP!" I heard Selena say. I faced her, and she held my arm and quickly dragged me out of the cafeteria.

"Selena what are you doing?" I said, my jaw was clenched and I was clearly still angry.

"Why did you do that? I was fine, I could've dealt with it myself." She looked disappointed and I instantly felt bad.

"No, you couldn't have okay! I was trying to help you!" I raised my voice more than I should have, but what I did was right, I think.

"FOR FUCKS SAKE! IM NOT FIVE JUSTIN! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME!" She shouted and stormed off, I didn't go after her because I was In shock, I didn't know what to do.

The bell rang so I walked back into the cafeteria, everyone had left by then, I grabbed my bag before going to my last class. Great..math again. Two times in one day, such bullshit.

Selena's POV

Ugh, I know I shouldn't have lashed out like that, but it just came out. I guess I'm not used to people being that nice to me, but once again my guard went up and I pushed him away.

I realised I had Math next. Math meant sitting next to Justin, something I didn't want to do. I knew it was wrong but I skipped class and went home, how could I deal with sitting next to Justin after I'd just lashed out like that.

Driving home was nice, there weren't any paps in Texas and no one really bothered me. I always liked driving alone, it gave me time to think. Well, sometimes that's bad because when I over think I just put myself into a state of depression. But this time it was nice.

I got home and ignored my mom who asked me hundreds of questions as soon as she realised I was home too early.

"Selena, don't ignore me. You have an hour left of school why are you home?"
She asked for the hundredth time.

I put my earphones in and ran up to my room. I threw my bag on the floor and locked my door. Sinking too the floor I just lay there, thinking. Why was I such an idiot, why did I have to shout at him. He was being so nice ugh. Before I knew it I was crying, crying was something I'd gotten used to.

Justin's POV

I got to Math, 20 minutes had passed and Selena still wasn't sitting next to me. I wasn't even listening to the teacher, all I could think about is where Selena could be. Sitting there knowing I was the reason that she was mad or upset, I couldn't handle it.

I realised I had her number as she called me earlier, I asked to go to the toilet and started to call Selena. She wasn't answering, I'd called 21 times before I gave up.

Selena's POV

I was still crying, I wasn't even crying about Justin anymore, I was just crying about life. I heard my mum knocking on my door, that just made me turn my music up louder. That's when I normally call Demi or Taylor, but I knew they'd be busy, I didn't want to be a burden. So what did I do? I just carried on crying until I fell asleep on my floor.

--

A/N: Thanks for reading, I'll probably always say that, but seriously thank you :)

As always, please comment and vote. It helps me a lot and encourages me to write more.

Should I continue with this fanfic?

Do you want Duke, Demi or Taylor to be in the story more?

<3