Chapter 27

'Roz smiles and looks down at the painting spread across Marina's lap. "Did your friend paint that of you," she asks?

Marina smiles, "It is beautiful, is it not?"

"Very. He is extremely talented."

"I look so strong in this," Marina states in a hushed tone, stroking the painting in awe.

"That's because you are so strong," Roz tells her. "You are probably the strongest person I know."

"Really," Marina asks quietly? She has never been the type of person to need the approval or validation of someone else, but with Roz it feels different- it feels special.'

* * *

"Of course, Marina! You have gone through so much, and you're still standing. If that isn't considered strong, I don't know what is," Roz promises her.

Marina feels the warmth run to her face, and she dips her head to hide the growing blush. "Thanks," she mumbles awkwardly in reply.

"I think it we left off on my turn," Roz says when they decide to start back up their game of asking questions.

Marina shrugs, "I honestly do not even remember."

"Alright, what happened after I left?"

"That is a very long story...," Marina begins. She then explains her finding the burned down Village. She reaches for her bag and hands Roz the list she had found.

When her friend begins to scan the list curiously, Marina adds, "I think the Village was called Project Revelation." Marina wonders if she had just imagined the look of recognition on Roz's face or if it was actually there.

Marina continues on with the story of her journey, and Roz notices that she leaves out both Otis' and her father's dead. She chooses not to say anything. "So, how did you get caught," Marina asks as her question?

* * *

'Roz is running- she is overwhelmed with the feeling of being lost. She gets caught. She really should have known it was coming- the light is on in the cabin even though she clearly remembers she had turned it off, the door is slightly ajar, and the vase is completely shattered.

She is shocked when she realizes who they think she is: Marina.

"Ms. Rosewood, please place your hands above your head," the man's gruff voice orders as he places a gun to her head threateningly.

She stabs him with a fragment of glass, and that is the last thing she remembers before a mask is placed over her face, and she is met with complete darkness.'

* * *

Marina lets out a stunned gasp before covering her mouth with her hand. "And you just woke up in the prison?"

"Actually, no," Roz replies, surprising Marina.

Roz had never known who her father was; he was gone before she was born, leaving her and her mother to fend for themselves. More importantly, Roz did not want to know who her father was. That is why this moment both shocked and appalled her.

* * *

'"I found the girl, President Wiley" the man spits in disgust as he shoved her forcefully into the large, oval office.

The larger man, the President, eyes her up and down before saying in a snarl, "It is not her."

"I do not understand. She was the only girl out there," the man replies, confusion evident on his face.