Chapter five

After Elijah spoke it seemed like everyone came into their senses, they all looked towards him and then up towards me. I felt claustrophobic with their stares, I looked down then remembered what Elijah said. Im the girl from the tv?

Looking towards the t.v. I see a video which is paused, there was no one on it, just a plain white wall, they were probably in the moment of watching something. I decided to be the first to talk cause by the look of it non of them are ready to open their mouths.

"Hi.." I trailed off, I know I should say more things but the words are just not coming out my mouth. Elijah was the only one smiling so big at me which made me smile back at him.

"Vans.. wow what the hell, I thought I wont ever bloody see you again," I hear Katie whisper loud enough for everyone to hear, looking at her made my eyes go watery. Her eyes are filled with water and when she blinked a tear drop fell from one eye, she wiped it off so fast that you would think that you just thought you saw it.

"Hey Kat, I'm so sorry I just, I- "

"No I'm sorry Vans, I'm just- I'm just going to to my room," with that she walked out the room. If it was possible for my heart to break more, it just did. I looked at my brothers and I saw pity on their faces. Conner looked at me then looked towards the door, I can feel the debate battle going on in his head.

"Erm.. I'm just going to go check on.. yeah," and with that he also left the room. The tears in my eyes were gathering up, I can feel that they will be pouring down my face anytime soon. Next to open their mouth was Aaron.

"Hey Vanessa, wow it has been long, too long." He looked at me then saw that I had two suitcases with me. "Should we take them up for you or are you not here to stay?" I did not know how to reply to that. I'm I welcomed to stay? If not I would fully understand. I was going to reply but mum beat me to it.

"Yes, she is staying, go put her stuff in her old room please Aaron and Jack," mum replied, im grateful that she did because I didn't know what I was going to say. I looked up at mum and she smiled at me and so did I at her, she gave me back my old room after not being here for years.

"Do you know where your room is? Or should I show it to you?" Jack asked, i can hear the sarcasm in his voice.

"Jack. Obviously she knows where her room is, she lived in it for 18 years," mum gave him the eyes. Jack mumbled under his breath and went to take my things upstairs, Aaron followed behind him.

The room went quiet for a bit until a voice of a little boy filled the room.

"So, hi! I'm Elijah Liam Heart, its nice to meet you!" He smiled at me happily and offered his hand to shake it. I smiled back and shook his small hands.

"Hey Elijah, I'm Van-" and he cut me off.

"Vanessa Jamie Hearts, yes I know! You're my sister right?" he asked with hopeful eyes. He knew my name, how come? He barely knew how to talk when I left since he was only 2 years old. I looked at mum with a confused face then back at him.

"Yes Elijah, I'm your sister, you know my name.." I trailed off, how? Did they mention me to him before?

"Yeah I know your name, we have pictures of you and videos actually! We were just watching one before you came," now that really confused me, why on earth would they be watching videos. Of me.

"Okay Elijah, you'll talk with her later. Vanessa go freshen up darling, it's 8:30pm dinner times nearly over and non of us ate yet," she said tiding the sofa and picking up the mess. "chop chop, Elijah go get ready for dinner, you too Vanessa."

Elijah held my hand and started to take me out the room and took me up the stairs,

"I'm going to go put my pjs on, you go okay?" with that he let go of my hand then dashed into his room. The upstairs had 6 bedrooms and two bathrooms, mum and dad had their own unsuits though.

I went towards my door and took a deep breath in. my hand reached for the handle then I twisted it open and walked inside. Everything is still how it is, not even a tiny bit of dust was piling on top of anything, it was like I never left. My suitcase was near my wardrobe ready for me to get unpacking, I still felt weird to get ready into my pjs or to unpack. What if my siblings don't want me to stay or what if I'm getting cosy too fast for their liking?

I took my jacket off carefully and placed a warm cardigan on instead so it doesn't look like I'm about to leave the house then I slipped out the slippers mum gave me and pulled on my sock slippers on.

After putting my phone in charge again there was a knock on my door. I walked towards it and opened it, Elijah was looking straight at me.

"Mum said to come and eat with us," he smiled.

"Oh okay sure, I'm coming." I replied, to be honest I just wanted to sleep and didn't want to see anyone but that would not be right. I need to put effort in to get their forgiveness.

"Okay yay follow me," he walked ahead of me and I followed him downstairs towards the kitchen.

**********

vote and comment guy! :]

xoxo

anonymous_00001