Chapter two

Waking up was something I always hated since as long as I can remember. I can remember my brothers would wake me up with the most annoying way ever, once they literally tipped my bed so I rolled onto the floor.

Today was no different, the light of the sun shined into my room through the gaps of the ripped curtains right onto my eyes. I could never fall back to sleep when the sun hits me, hence I always had thick blackout curtains in my room. Opening my eyes, I went to wipe then with the palm of my hand but a sudden pain on my right on stopped me. Looking towards the arm I see the bruise from last night look gross and swollen, literally it went twice my actual arm size. I push myself up from the floor with my left arm and tried to stretch the stiffness away.

Standing up I went to get my tooth paste and brush but there was a loud bang on my door. If I was still asleep I'm sure I would've had a heart attack. I went to open my door and see the same lady from last night.

"Hi, I wanted to let you know that you need to be gone before 2pm or you'll be charged for staying longer. Bye", and with that she turned her back towards me and left. Wow okay, looks like I'm not the only one who's not a morning person.

I tried to check the time on my watch but my arm was hurting too much that I could barely move it so I went towards my phone and it reads 1:45pm. I couldn't afford to waste any money so I quickly packed my thing and washed up and went downstairs but this time there was a random guy who helped my take my suitcase. Thank god, don't think my arm would've let me take two of them together. Saying bye to the moody receptionist I left the ratchet building and started to wonder around the streets of London.

The sudden urge to go to my parents' house came to me again but how am I suppose to face them after leaving them at the age of 18, not even thinking twice about how they'll feel, leaving them to go to another city with someone else. No one would ever think I would leave them since I was such a family person and couldn't even do one whole day without any of them.

The smell of coffee hit my nose as I walked pass a small cute café, so I went in to drink a cup. The queue wasn't that long which I was happy about, looking at the menu I was deciding what drink to get until I heard a voice.

"Good morning, may I get you anything,' the barista asked me with a smile, nothing like that hotel lass.

"Erm yes, can I have a white mocha and.." I looked towards the cakes, hell its my birthday might as well, " and can I get a slice of that chocolate cake" I asked whilst pointing towards it.

"Yeah sure, can I have your name please?" she asked, holding my cup and a marker in the other hand.

"Vannesa"

"Okay, it wont take that long, I'll call out your name. Thank you" she said and turned around to make my drink.

I went to the nearest table to her and put my luggage in a bit so no one can trip over them and started investing my arm. I have a feeling that its either very badly sprained or even broken. I poked it and the pain made my whole arm feel like its on fire. Ouch. Whilst still examining it there was a tap on my arm and I jumped on my seat. I looked up and saw it's the same girl who took my order holding my coffee and cake.

"Hey, I'm so sorry for startling you but I called your name few times but I don't think you heard me," she smiled at me, placing my things down for me and looked towards my arm since it was in view.

"Oh no. I'm sorry I should've been hearing out for you, I got distracted a little.." I trailed off looking at my arm.

"It's fine, that's looks like it would hurt like a bitch, you should get it checked it out soon, honestly I think its broken," she says looking concerned.

"Yeah I might, I also have a feeling its broken"

"How did it happen?" I think she realised the struggle in my face, "I shouldn't be nosey, sorry forget I asked that" she apologised.

"no its fine, I just had a bad fall, how's your day been?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Been alright, going to get off my shift in around 10 minutes, been here since 9am" she replied looking at her watch, then she looked up, "how about you? Anything to do or go?" she asked probably because I have two massive suitcases with me.

"No, nothing special, actually I'm 21 today so I guess its meant to be a good day but doubt it will be," I have no idea why I told her its my birthday, I haven't really talked to many people around here even though I've been living here for 3 years nearly.

"Omg, happy birthday, Vanessa right? I'm Savannah, really nice to meet you." She seemed way happier than me on my own birthday.

"Yeah I'm Vanessa, nice to meet you too Savannah," I smiled back at her then took at bite out my cake. It was nice talking to someone and having a real conversation.

"no wonder you bought a cake!" she laughed, "I should head to the back and get ready to go now, I hope you have a great day Vanessa." She said.

"Yeah you too Savannah," and with that she went into the back to get going.

Finishing my cake and drink I got up to go and wonder around the streets, again. I walked so much that I found myself facing the king cross station, and the urge to go back home overcame me again. You know what, screw it. I walked upto the ticket stand and smiled at the man behind it.

"Hey, which is the earliest train that leaves for Newcastle?"