Chapter four

The car stopped in front of the house which looks so familiar yet so different. The apple tree in the front yard and the swing set still looked the same as it did 3 years ago, however the fence, the door and the car parked in the drive way looks new.

That made me wonder through the gardens of 'what ifs'. What if they moved out? What if the changed? What if I have a new sibling? What if they don't want me?

"That'll be £15.60 please," the taxi driver said whilst turning towards me. I handed him the cash then opened the door and so did the guy, he took my things out and went inside his car. I wanted to tell him to wait, and take me back to the station or somewhere else besides here but he drove off.

I faced the house that was once also mine, hoping for it to be again and walked towards the front door. My palm was getting clammy cause of the sweat, okay Vanessa, all you have to do is knock. If a random person opens the door just say, 'sorry wrong house' and if anyone from your family opens it just say... 'hi?' no 'hey'.. actually hi would do.

I reached for the doorbell and rang it. If after 10 seconds no one opens it I shall turn around. 1.....2......3......4.......5.....6.......7......8......9.....10.

I turned around to leave, took one step down to the floor and I heard the sound of the door open. Dammit, thought I could get away with it.

"Hey, sorry it took quite long to open, my kids are currently fighting over the tv remote," a soft voice talked behind my back. The voice I remember from not too long ago, the voice I loved hearing when she'll call me for dinner, to ask how I am, the voice I heard everyday in the first 18 years of my life.

I slowly started to turn around, you would think 3 years is not even that long but to me it is. It feels like its been way more than 3 years. When I fully turned around I kept my eyes on the floor and I heard a gasp.

"Va-Vanessa..?" the voice of my mother I heard, I can hear the emotions, the shock in it. Finally looking up I made eye contact with her grey eyes, the one I inherit of her, as well as her brown hair.

"H-hi, mum," I somehow managed to get out, I was so scared, feared that shell hate me for leaving her and my siblings and my dad, and that'll shell shut the door on me. But that fear went when I suddenly felt familiar arms wrap around me and got pulled into her, my arm was paining but I swallowed it. Nothing can get in between my mum hugging me right now, I picked my good arm up and held her tight. Feared that this was a dream.

"Oh my- what ar- how are y- oh my god its you," she cried out and pulled away to touch my face to see if I was really here. Seeing her like this made me feel so guilty, she truly missed me and I can see the pain I cause her by leaving abruptly, not even bothered staying in contact.

"Yes mum, it is me, I'm so sorry mum for ever-,"

"don't do this now my darling, its so cold outside, come in," she quickly said and held one of my suitcase and dragged it in and held my hand so tight as in she didn't want to let go, just in case. I grabbed the other one and took it in with me them mum shut the door, stopping the cold air from coming in. "You are freez-"

BANG

We both looked at each other after jumping up, getting startled by that noise. It reminded me mum wasn't the only one who's home.

"Oh dear good god, that doesn't sound good, I hope its not another one of my vase," mum said looking at me. I didn't know what to say. Still in shock that I'm here and talking to mum was hard to take in but now seeing my siblings and maybe dad will be harder. "you take your shows off and put the slippers on, I'm going to go check what that was, just come after you do that, im sure your siblings will be delighted to see you again," she smiled at me and pointed towards the slippers near the show rack then walked towards the sitting room.

I slipped out my shoes then put the slippers on and walked towards the close door of the sitting room. I could here talking saying, "who mum" "tell us mum" "is it Zayn Malik". Mum told them someone arrived, I wish she said it was me though, cause then I wouldn't have to see there first reaction.

Turning the handle and I pushed the door open a little, taking a deep breath I fully opened it and walked inside then looked up. Everyone's jaw was on the floor and gasps echoed around us. There they are, my 5 siblings. Conner being the oldest (23 y\o), Aaron and Jack the twins (18 y\o), Katie my only sister (15 y\o) and Elijah the youngest brother (5 y\o).

"Hey mum! That's the girl on the t.v!" Elijah said jumping up.

********

Any idea why Elijah said shes the one on the tv?

vote and comment !! 

Thank you <3