It's Only a Matter of Time Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Draco!  Draco...  Oh, please Draco...!" his father pleads from across the way, surrounded by his fellow Death Eaters.  Draco looks down at his feet and tightens his grip on your hand.

"Draco..., come...." his mother orders, accompanying her husband's plea.  Draco looks up and glances over at his parents.  Both of them are worn out from battle and tired.  They're eyes look imploringly at him.  He shakes his head slowly at them.

"What do you think, y/n?" Draco asks.  "Should we go?"

You pause for a moment and look into Draco's eyes.  He's really asking you.  You shake your head.  

"No.  I'd rather live in a world where we can be together and happy than a world full of hate and fear," you say.  "I know there is a possibility that we'll die by making this decision... but don't you think you'd risk this to live in a happier world where we can truly be happy and have a better future that we can build on together?"

He nods and straightens himself up to face his parents and Voldemort.

"No, Father," he says.  "Sorry, Mother.  I can't.  I can't leave y/n.  She's my everything."

His parents stare at him in shock, but Draco just turns away.  Neville Longbottom steps forward.  The Death Eaters laugh.

"I'd like to say something..." he says solemnly. 

"Well, Neville I think we'd all be fascinated by what you have to say..." Voldemort replies.

"It doesn't matter that Harry's gone. People die every day! Friends, family. Yeah, we lost Harry tonight. He's still with us, in here. So's Fred... Remus, Tonks, all of them. They didn't die in vain. But you will! Because you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us, for all of us! It's not over!"  

With that, Nevvile pulls the sword of Gryffindor out of the sorting hat and points it directly at Voldemort and his followers.  Harry jumps out of Hagrid's arms and attacks the snake by Voldemort with a burst of fire, running for cover.  The crowd of surviving students cheer and the Death Eaters start disappearing one by one in puffs of black smoke.  Voldemort stands there utterly shocked, his army's ranks getting smaller and smaller each second.

You are pulled inside by Draco.  The fighting begins again...

~~~~~

The final battle is over and you and Draco sit in the Great Hall.  There are people laughing and talking about their experienced, but there are also people in shock and mourning the deaths of friends and loved ones.  Despite all of these occurrences going on around you with all the chatter, you easily tune everything out.  The one thing you can focus on at this moment is Draco.  You lean against his shoulder and he drapes his arm around you.  His parents are nowhere to be seen and must have fled with the rest of Voldemort's army.  

"How are you doing, y/n?  Do you need anything?" Draco asks, noticing your silence.

"Mmhmm..." you mumble quietly.  "I'm just thinking...  Enjoying our time..."

"I am, too, y/n," he says.  

You sit there for a few minutes more, watching the people pass by, snuggling against Draco's chest and feeling his heartbeat.

"Hey y/n?"

"Yes, Draco?" you ask, half asleep, exhausted from the hours of fighting.

"I'm glad you'll that magic in that mystery room when you were fifteen...  Y'know...  In the future. I know that's a weird thing to say... but I'm really grateful.  You've given me some of the best years of my life.  We've done everything together since fifth year.  I get to see you almost every day and I can listen to your voice and see your smile.  I can really talk to you and have a conversation.  We can always find something fun to do together and a moment with you is never boring, dull, or stupid.  You make everything better for me with your kindness and your heart.  I love you so much, y/n.  Thank you..." he says earnestly and kindly.  You smile and give him a gentle peck on the cheek.