Finale 🔥 Part One

Start from the beginning

Venus was frantic. Her hands flailing in front of her as she took one uncertain step at a time, trying to tread her way blind. She must find her mom. The voice became clearer by the minute. Indeed, it was her mom's.

Venuscha, you must know. . .

M-mommy. Must know what?

Her eyes were misty from her unshed tears. There was something with the way her mother talks that sets her stomach to curl from dread. Her heart felt like a bomb was set to explode without her knowing when or why.

You must know that. . .

"Vee! Wake up!" She was unceremoniously pulled back into consciousness by the non stop tapping on her checks along with the hysterical voices calling her name.

"Haaahh," Vee inhaled a long raspy breath as if she was suffocated. Her eyes snapped open but stared blankly to the person on top of her. Her throat produced choking sounds gasping desperately for air while her hands automatically found its way to clench her throbbing chest.

"Hey, focus on me. Snap out of it!"

The shout was barely audible for her hazy mind. Venus was found lying unconscious along the hallway near the library.

Her brain finally registered what her eyes were seeing as she zeroed in at the worried face of Rufus.

"I-I talked to her. No. She talked to me. My—my mom talked to me," her sobs broke out as she grasped Rufus' wrists tightly. Her face was as pale as paper. Her lips drained from its usual pinkish color.

"Calm down, tell us what really happened. What she told you?" Rufus asked her in a very calm voice. He wiped her tear stricken face gently with both of his hands. The same way an older brother would do for his baby sister who had woke up crying from a nightmare.

Hadraniel and Pearl, on the other hand, both rushed to her side upon hearing what she said.

"Tell me what she said," Hadraniel demanded through clenched teeth.

Vee looked at him in confusion, "I didn't understand. I was hoping you have an idea. I was pulled back before she could tell me what exactly she wanted me to know." She narrated under one breath. Her body was trembling.

"Let's get you seated. Come." Rufus helped her up but when her knees buckled, he lifted her bridal style. He entered the library and placed her on a settee with utmost care like she was some fragile glass. All of her audience followed them in complete silence. They observed with trepidation.

"U-uncle?" Venus stuttered, her eyes fixed to Hadraniel but he just stared back at her saying nothing.

"Say something." Vee implored when Hadraniel remained quiet.

"What she said? What you saw?" He asked instead using a very serious tone.

"She said that I need to come back to that place after meeting Cassia. Something like, I will find something I'm looking for but I don't know what is that and the place was scary." She paused to inhale a long breath. Her eyes darted to each one inside the library but no one dared to approach her or comment anything.

"Go on, child. What the place looked like?" Her uncle urged with urgency. If they want to accomplish anything that day, they must not dawdle.

"Mists and echoes and I feel like someone or something is watching me."

"As expected," Hadraniel said thoughtfully. He beckoned for Pearl to come closer then inquired, "did Venuscha chose her heart over destiny inside the cave?"