I had the urge to cry, I really wanted to. I lost my parents, the only people that ever loved me, my only family. My sister hates me and wants me dead and I can't even begin to talk about my mate. Everything has gone wrong in my life and I wanted to shout and question the moon goddess about it but I chose not to. I am stronger than whatever comes my way, I can overcome it. It would all be over soon. I kept repeating it to myself as a form of transcendental meditation but him telling me he wanted me out came as a form of rejection and it hurt me no matter how I tried to hide it.

I didn't even know what to do from here. The trip to the vampire kingdom and witches land wouldn't be an easy one and I'm not going to deny that I'm scared.
I really wanted someone that could comfort me and all. I know I have Sam and Jonathan but I wanted him to. I realized that I didn't even know his name and I just left it at that. After all we weren't going to see again. I sighed softly trying not to think too much about it. What a damn mate he was.

I heard splashing in the lake and turned around to see a figure throwing pebbles into the lake. I really couldn't make out anything but at least at the moment I wasn't threatened by the person.

"Damn everything. " the person said throwing the pebble into the lake and from the voice I could make out that it belonged to a guy, one that I happen to know.

" Yeah. Damn that stupid mate of mine. " I said and he turned to look at me.

" What are you doing here, how did you even get here? " he questioned.

" I came here to find peace and quiet but it seems like it was short lived. "

" How did you even get past the guards? " he continued

" That shouldn't be a question by now should it?" I asked

" Oh god, what am I supposed to do with her, she's the most annoying person I've ever met. Why moon goddess? I should have gotten a better mate. " He said and that hurt me pretty bad. It didn't really affect me that he called me annoying but him wishing that I wasn't his mate was just so painful.

"You know that you can reject me right and save yourself the regret and go running to your woman Cici, I'm sure she'd make the perfect mate for you now wouldn't she? "

" I don't doubt that." he said and that stung more than being stung by a bee what was I expecting that he'd say I was the one perfect for him?

" Reject me now or I will. I don't care about the consequences but I'm not going to have someone like you as a mate and if you can't do it I will. I Lianna redwoods... "

" Shut up. "he said his tone commanding but I ignored him

"You're not going to stop me from rejecting you so you could parade Cici in my face or treat me like the way you do. I Lianna redwoods... " before I could even complete the statement he pushed me away harshly and I landed on the floor on my butt and that was pretty much painful he moved away too and I just stared at him in disdain.
It was only when the second arrow came flying that I realized that he pushed me away to protect me and we were on some kind of ambush. Great, couldn't they have let me reject him in peace.

"Come out wherever you are. " he said in his alpha tone which was pretty much commanding and icy. The person could have come out but chose not to sending another arrow which I changed the direction and it hit stuck in a tree instead. He turned to look at me realizing I did something but said nothing.

"I'm going to count to three. " he said coldly. " One ..."

" Damon Salvatore, we meet again. " a middle aged man said coming out alongside ten to fifteen people.

"Sebastian. " Damon said coldly through gritted teeth. It was quite obvious that the air around them was bad and their past too.

I actually liked his name, it had a certain twist to it. I would have tried saying it but now wasn't a time to.

" Who's this beauty beside you, you think maybe I could have a round with her when you're tired of her? "Sebastian asked and he got an immediate punch on the face as an answer from him.

"Don't even think about it, don't even look at her or else I'd kill you. " he said coldly punching him repeatedly

" Not if I kill you first. " Sebastian said icily.

Hey guys,

Thanks for reading this chapter and sticking to the book. I would really like to know what you think about it. You could leave your comments and please don't forget to vote. Just kindly press the tiny star at the end of each chapter, it would really mean a lot to me. I'd still like to get feedback on the cast list, thanks.

Thanks for reading, love y'all 😍 😘