𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖆𝖓

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA," Brayson bursts out in downright laughter.

??

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA."

"Bray-"

"Bro, just... Give me... A sec.. To-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Brayson."

"Okay, okay, alright. I'm done."

Smh.

"Look, dude, you must've had a really fucked up dream or some really good Charlie, Molly, or boof but-"

"It wasn't a dream nor was it drugs or weed, man!"

"C'mon now," he looks at me like I'm a 2-year-old.

"It wasn't! Deadass!"

"Brother, we're gonna be late for Bio."

"Fuck no, dude! That's where it happens!"

"Oh man, you are so doped up right now."

"I'm not!"

"'Ight, Ima head out. My attendance is fucked, bro, I gotta go to class. You," he puts both hands on my shoulders, "sober up. Drink some water, alright? You're the captain of the team, don't let them see you like this," then he leaves.

"Brayson!"

He does a gang sign in the air but doesn't turn around. Great, this dumbass has no idea what he's getting himself into and I can't let him walk straight into a trap. That ain't me.

"Alright," Ms Mills inhales, "Bio homework," she says on her exhale. "Come on everyone, hand it in," she goes from desk to desk.

"Bro, you forgot to let me copy!" Brayson whisper-shouts next to me.

Really? That's the most of his worries right now?

"I can't say my dog ate it again," he's genuinely stressed out. "Fuck it, Ima do it now," he clicks his pen. "I might fail but at least I'll fail with a chance."

I roll my eyes and watch him fill in random bubbles. "It won't matter, Brayson."

"Watch and learn, brotha, watch and learn," he licks his lip, his concentration hat on. "True, True, True, False, True? Yeah nah, too many True's, that has to be False. Hey, Dean, is this one True or False?"

"False," I answer.

"I knew it. Can't compete with the King."

What is he on about?

"Boys, homework, please," Ms Mills reaches our table.

Brayson swiftly hides his pen.

"Dean," she asks for mine first.

"I don't know."

"You 'don't know' what?" Ms Mills questions, having zero patience for any excuses.

"I don't know where it is," I actually don't, wallah.

"D for detention, F for you failed this class," she says without hesitation. "I warned you all enough. Though, Dean, you always hand yours in on time, so it's a shame if anything."

K. IDGAF. How's that for letters, Ms? We're all gonna die, man.

"How about you?" she faces Brayson. "Or do I even need to ask?"

"Here ya go, Ms," he smiles and hands her his homework.

Ms Mills lifts his paper and scans it. Brayson immediately stops smiling and clears his throat. Lol. The whole backside of the paper isn't filled in. Ms Mills stares at him blatantly. She already knows. She's never a step behind when it comes to homework. She flips the paper over and holds the blank side up at his face.