Chapter 4

“Call me later tonight.” I said as I hugged Reece goodbye. He held me close.

“Promise.” He said than he let go and jumped into the black car. I stood there watching the car disappeared. I sighed and walked over to were Roberts car was parked.

“What’s wrong?” Robert asked after five minutes of silence.

“Reece and I have become close.” I said.

“How the hell is that bad?” Robert asked.

“He is famous and I’m unknown.” I said looking out the window at the houses and people fly by.

“I thought that you wanted to be known for your music?” he asked obviously confused.

“I do…just not this way. I want to make my own fame.” I said and lend my head against the cool glass window. When we reached my place I thanked Robert and jumped out. I walked inside and prepared myself for the lecture that was sure to come. I opened the door and walked into the hallway, it was at times like these that I wish that I didn’t have to walk through the living room to get to my bedroom. I took a deep breath and calmly walked through the living room. My foot had just made it past my bed room door frame when…

“CORALINE!!” my mum yelled. I cringed, threw my bag onto the floor and walked into the kitchen. Mum and dad were sitting at the dinner table drinking tea.

“Sit.” Dad ordered. I quietly sat down in the chair opposite them.

“Why did you leave so early in the morning? You didn’t even bother to leave a note!!” my mums voice started to get louder. Yup this is my home life. Overprotective parents. I wasn’t allowed to have a boyfriend (broken that), no phone (bought my own), bed time eight o’clock (always listen to music till ten), no guitar (always play it at school), walk to school (Robert drives me), all homework must be done before bed (what they don’t know won’t hurt them) and no TV on a school night         (I watch everything on Youtube).

“Reece Mastin was performing-”I quickly shut my mouth. My parents hated my taste in music.

“THAT GAY BASTARD!!” My mum yelled. I flinched slightly but other than that no emotion crossed my face. I felt like murdering her right now!! I felt protective of Reece for….only God knows why!!

“STOP LOOKING AT US LIKE THAT!!” My dad thundered. I felt the tears prick in my eyes. I hated being yelled at but hey, on the bright side I get my voice from them.

“LEAVE ME ALONE!!!! I’M OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS!!! I CAN GET A JOB, I’M LEARNING HOW TO DRIVE AND I’M LEAVING!!!” I yelled twice as loud as they did. I stood up walked into my room, threw my valuables into my school bag and walked over to the front door.

“STOP THERE MISS!! WHY?!?!” Mum screeched I turned around and looked her in the eye.

“I’M TIRED OF YOU GUYS BRINGING ME DOWN!! WE LIVE IN THE FUCKING 21ST CENTURY!!” I screamed and walked out the door without looking back.

Made a wrong turn once or twice

Dug my way out blood and fire

Bad de-”I pulled my phone out of my pocket and answered.

(AN R=Reece & C= Coralline)

C: hello

R: hey it’s Reece

C: oh hey

R: I was wondering if I could have your address so I could pick up?

C: I’m sorry but at the moment I don’t have an address

R: what do you mean?

C: I’ve left my overprotective parents from the 19th century behind

R:ohh tell me where you are and I’ll pick you up

C: I’m back at school

R: I’ll be there ASAP

C: I’ll be waiting

R: see you soon, bye

C: bye.

I locked my phone and put it back into my pocket and sat down on the side walk and waited. I watched as cars drove past, none stopping. I guess life is like this, no one stops unless you ask them to. When a car finally stopped I froze. What if it was a guy who was going to rape me? I could be murdered!! All these thoughts disappeared as Reece climbed sexily out of the car. I held out has hand and help me stand.

“Thanks for coming.” I said once we were in the car. I was up the back next to Reece while some driver drove.

“No problem.” He said and I rested my head on his shoulder and fell asleep.

**

I opened my eyes to find myself in a strange room. I sat up and realised I was on a hotel bed. i climbed out and walked into the lounge room to see Reece sitting on the lounge watching TV, I walked over to him and sat next to him.

“Do you want to tell me why I had to come and pick you up?” he asked. I debated about it and decided what was the worst that could happen? so I told him everything.

“What should I do?” I asked him. He thought about it for a couple seconds than replied.

“I think you should go back home and talk to them.” He said looking at me.

“Uggg.” I groaned and flung my head back onto the back of the lounge.

“Come here.” Reece said while pulling me into a long hug.

**

Reece had dropped me off around the corner so I was walking home by myself. I walked over to my house and slowly opened the door. My parents were sitting on the lounge watching TV. I walked over and dad turned to TV on mute.

“Where have you been young lady?” he asked

“I went to my friends place.” Was all I was going to say because if they found out that I was with Reece I would be grounded for life.

“Which friend? We tried to ring Emma but she said that you weren’t there.” Mum said.

“A new friend I met today.” I said. I wasn’t lying…yet.

“Ok.” Dad said. I took a deep breath and got ready to say things I’ve been dying to say.

“I’m tired of you guys yelling at me for every little thing. I’m old enough to be able to do most things by myself, I’m 16 mum. I have a life that I’ve built up for myself, I play guitar every day at school. I sing, dance and perform and I want you guys to support that. I want to be treated like I’m 16.” I said, it felt so good saying this I’m glad that I listened to Reece.

“That seems…” mum trailed off trying to find the right word.

“Fair.” Dad finished for her. I smiled and hugged them this moment was perfect, I was finally going to get the parents I’ve dreamed of all thanks to Reece.