Chapter Six

"Pierce! Hey! You came!" Sabrina hugged me as soon as she opened the door for me after I rang the doorbell.

I tried to smile at her. I actually didn't want to go there. I just don't want to be in the house with Ivory. It seems like being in the same house with her suffocates me.

"Where are we going?" I asked her.

"Uh, I applied to the University of South Carolina. I was going to submit my application today, and I want you to accompany me."

"You applied to the University of South Carolina?" I reiterated.

She nodded, smiling. "Yup! I found out that you applied there. Isn't it nice if we go to the same University-"

"Sabrina, we're not together anymore," I clarified.

"Are you still mad about what happened?" she asked.

"I am not mad, Sab. But you should remember that you ended things with me that night."

"I regretted it, Pierce. Why don't we get back together and-"

"No. We are not getting back together."

"Pierce-"

"I will accompany you to the University today. But we are not getting back together, Sabrina. I'm only doing this because you were once a part of my life, okay?"

She quietly nodded. We went to where I parked my car. "You changed your car?" she asked when she noticed that it wasn't my old car. I nodded at her.

"There were problems with my old car, so I just bought a new one instead of repairing it," I replied, making her look at me.

She was about to sit at the shotgun when I stopped her. "You can, uh, sit at the back," I told her, making her forehead creased.

"You used to let me sit at the shotgun, Pierce," she said, offended. "Why? You're letting another woman sit here already?"

I don't know why I thought of Ivory immediately. She was the first woman to sit at my new car's shotgun. I've never let anyone sit there before.

"None, Sabrina," I said before going inside my car. She sighed and sat in the backseat as I had told her.

It was a quiet drive to the University of South Carolina. We didn't have things to talk about, and I didn't want to talk to her. When we arrived at the University of South Carolina, she immediately got out of the car. I followed behind her as we walked through the empty lobby of the University.

"Good morning, Mrs. Poline." Sab greeted the dean after knocking.

Mrs. Poline, the dean of the University of South Carolina, smiled at us. She was talking to someone. And that someone was Ivory. She was looking at Sabrina, and then she looked back at me and back at Sabrina and back at me. She looks like she wants to ask me something, but she's stopping herself.

I told Sabrina that I would just wait for her outside. I didn't wait for her response and went out. I heard someone follow me. It could be Ivory. I was right when I looked at who it was. It was Ivory. She was following me.

"Why are you following me?" I asked her.

"Who was that? Sabrina? The ex-girlfriend?" she asked back.

"Why do you care?"

"I do not. I was curious."

"Okay. Then I won't feed your curiosity."

I heard her groan. "Fine. You didn't want to accompany me but were willing to accompany her?"