Thirty-One

Ya ready ?

Nick's POV

" Please , please stop ! " I slur , blood was dripping from my mouth and head , maybe a few other places. I felt dizzy from all the blood loss but that didn't seem to stop it , it encouraged him.

" So tell me are you fucking my daughter because you like her or are you just using her to get to me ? " He asked , what a sick man ? I thought my mine was worse.

I can be just as worse

" I mean she's good , very good but even better when she's on her knees. " I lied ,I spit out the blood and laugh , he looks at me with disgust. Now we're even.

He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and pulled me closer to his face. The abrupt sound of the chair screeching across the floor made all his men jump. I wasn't as scared but I couldn't sit here , lie and say I wasn't in a lot of pain. 

" Do you know who I am ? " 

" Christian Diaz , the wanna be Pablo Escobar. " I rolled my eyes and another punch came down at my jaw making my face jolt to the opposite way. " What the fuck ?! " I shout and he just laughs , along with everybody else.

" I need you to stay away from my daughter. She's coming back with me and you ? I'm letting you go for now so you can get a message through to your father. " 

" She isn't even your daug- Wait my father is dead. " I was completely caught off guard. Does he know something that I don't ? 

" Your father dead and I didn't do it ? Wow I can't believe you fell for your father's tricks once again. Why do you think there wasn't a funeral or any family calls ? He faked his death and planted it on Zion. " He laughed but more to himself than me. Why would my dad fake his death ? what did that have to do with Zion.

" Both of you are a bunch of crazy bastards , no wonder your daughter ran away. I would've too. " 

" How do you really feel about her ? " 

" How I really feel about Jo ? She's a evil , manipulating , scheming clone of you. She's just like you and I'm sure when she get's older her kid will be running from her too. She uses people then gets them into trouble just like she did with me and my friends. You can take her away and I wouldn't give 2 fucks " I had to lie. If I didn't like he would probably kill her for being close to me , I care about her too much for that to happen.

The door flies open , Jo storming in along with some girl. Guilt washes over me as tears run down her face but fear takes over when she stalks over to me. 

" Is that how you really feel ? " 

" There's more but your father will probably will kill me right here for saying such cruel words about his daughter. Oh wait ... that's right , you aren't his daughter. " I laugh and pain strikes my cheek from the slap across my face.

" You're right he isn't my dad but at least he hasn't lied about how he feels towards me. I rather take abuse and harsh words before taking lies. " 

I look over her shoulder to see her dad smirking at me. He planned this , he wanted her to get hurt especially by me. 

" Well that's too bad. " I smiled at her. " Mind letting me go ? I really hate to be apart of your family business. " I could tell she hated me right now but I was doing this all for her. 

Her father hands her a pocket knife and she cuts off all the ropes that was tied around me. I sit up and stretch dramatically , walking towards the door with all eyes on me I decide that now is the time. The guy closest to the door I knee him and take his gun from him , grabbing Jo and wrapping my arm around her neck. With me pointing the gun to her head , the other girl gasps and guns are pointed towards me.

" Nick what the hell are you doing ?! " Jo screams holding on to my forearm. I don't put a lot of pressure on her neck but making it seem real at the same time.

" I'm taking you to my father obviously. Maybe he'll let me kill you. "

" Christian are you going to let him do this ?! " He walks over to us , putting each of his men's guns down. He comes closer to me . " You won't get far , I'll kill you too. " I move backwards to the door , Jo screams and they just look at me. I know I won't get too far but I'll let Jo get somewhere.

Once we're out into another room I could hear men shouting and running all over. He's right I wasn't getting too far. I let go of Jo putting the gun in my waistband.

" What the fuck was that ?! I hope you fucking die you son of a bitch . I hate you I - " I cut her off my smashing her lips to mine. She pushes me back and I stumble. " Are you serious ? You trash me ,put a gun to my head then kiss me ? Are  you crazy or sick or some shit ?! " 

" I lied , I fucking lied for you ! " I lock the room and go over to one of the windows. 

" Yeah seem pretty real to me. Why ? You fucking put a gun to my head Nick ! " She stops me from opening the window. 

" Jo stop ! I'm trying to get you out of here. " I push up the window and look out to see men surrounding the place. " I got a plan but I need you to follow it. " 

" What ? " She scoffs. " You're the last person I wanna listen to. Go by yourself. " She stubbornly folds her arms over her chest. 

" I can't leave here I have to finish something. " 

" I hate you right now but not enough to see you walk into your own death ! You can't stay Nick , they will find you. " She shakes her head. I know she cares for me but I care for her more. I have to end this once and for all.

" If I leave he lives and if he lives you have to keep running. " 

" What are you trying to say ? "

" I have to kill Christian. "

+++ 

Okay so the first later of the next book was in bold letters multiple times. Get ready for the next chapter.