Nineteen

Okay soooo this is the last chapter in past tense . Hope ya love it & don't kill me.

Josie's pov

By the time I'm down the road from the house Im ready to pass out. I try not to
Slow down but the pain the back of my legs are killing me. My asthma is hysterical. I could make it , I tell myself . I hope .

I take deep breaths & longer strides to make it easier. Zion still hasn't answer my calls & Im getting worried. But my fear grows when I hear gunshots & this time I know it wasn't by accident.

" No , no , no ! " I could feel the lump in my throat grow & my eyes start to water. I pick up the pace & race up the drive way. Cars are speeding off & the door is wide open. I hope Im not late.

Did you ever feel like your whole world just breaks down in a matter of seconds ? Like thats it , you have nothing to live for ? That's how I feel.

Your bestfriend covered in blood right in front of you. This is the worse image I have ever saw in my life.

" No ! Fuck , ZION ! " I scream ! . His tall frame is lifeless on the ground . I crouch down & gather him in my arms. " Z ! Please wake up ! " I shake him as soft as I can & he doesn't budge.

His eyes flutter open & that light in them is gone. His face pale , his body barley alert. This is my fault.

" J-Jo ? " he croaks , blood is spilling out his mouth. He can die several ways here & I know I can't fix them all.

" Shh , you can't speak . Its gonna mak- "

" C-Could you call my grandma ? I-Im not gonna make it . " His voice is barley above a whisper . He grips my wrist that has my hand cuffed on his cheek. The tears are falling & I can't control it. " Please J-Jo " Single tear drops fall at the corner of his eyes. I shake my head & deny it. It was no way I was gonna let him die.

" Caleb . You need to stop talking like that please . You're not going anywhere Ill call her when we're at the hospital. "I promise.

" I-It hurts s-so much. " He sobs , I haven't saw him cry in long time. My heart is hurting. " I know . Austin is on his way . " He nods & I rub the top of his head & caress his cheek.

Seconds later the door busts open , the once cheery , blonde kid was now sad & hurt. Tears formed as soon as he saw Zion.

" Z , I need you to stay awake bro ! " He calls out before running outside. Soon as he left Zion started fall asleep. His eyes closing slowly . He coughs up more blood & now its uncontrollable. After that he passes out . His breathing is staggered & now I don't know if he is going to make it.

Why do all the good people die ? Why do guns exist ? How come is has to be my friend ? My best friend at that ? Wanna know why ? Cause

Life is a bitch.

" Im sorry , Im so sorry forgive me . I didn't mean all them things I said I love you . You can't leave me you bastard !" Now is the time to apologize.

I sob & sob , his body lifeless in my arms as I cradle him. He tries to talk but blood sputters out his mouth making me sob louder. " Austin hurry we're losing him ! " I cry out.

Austin runs out to me from the car. " Come on let's go. " he rushes , he carefully takes him from my hands & walks over to the car with his best friend body in his arms. We get in the car with me in the backseat with Zion , his head on my lap & Austin driving. Soon as he start the car we sped off.

" A-Austin I can't lose him. " I shake my head at myself. This is all my fault. Austin mutters its going to be okay to me but I know he's really saying it to himself. Memories of us as children flash through my mind.

Life is a bitch.

" Im sorry , Im so sorry forgive me . I didn't mean all them things I said I love you . You can't leave me you bastard !" I sob out , his body lifeless in my arms as I cradle him. He tries to talk but blood sputters out his mouth making me sob louder. " Austin hurry we're losing him ! " I cry out.

Austin runs out to me from the car. " Come on let's go. " he rushes , he carefully takes him from my hands & walks over to the car with his best friend body in his arms. We get in the car with me in the backseat with Zion , his head on my lap & Austin driving. Soon as he start the car we sped off.

" A-Austin I can't lose him. " I shake my head at myself. This is all my fault. Austin mutters its going to be okay to me but I know he's really saying it to himself. Memories of us as children flash through my mind. you close your eyes you'll never wake up & we're all going to lose you. " He nods & opens his mouth to speak." Shh its okay Ill talk to you . " He nods again.

" Remember when we were younger in Mrs Johnson class & you kept bothering me ? You told me that day I was your family & Z we were family way before that. You will forever be my brother & I need you. You are the only one I care for in the world truly. You left me but you were still there when I needed somebody I know sometimes you feel guilty for leaving but you don't have to okay ? I wanted you to leave we weren't doing good. But this time you can't leave I don't know what I will do please do- "

" Jo watch out ! "

----

Nick's POV

" When do we start ? "

" Ah that's my boy " He grins , He stands up from his chair & starts to tell me the whole plan I'm starting to regret this already. " Remember our deal " I growl at him as I start to walk out the old family house.

After 20 times of going over the plan he finally let's me go. My head hurts from all this but I have no choice " See you soon son " I give him a nod & make my way to the streets of Los Angeles.

I hate this I fucking hate this.

My phone rings in my pocket & I take it out , Austin name flashes on the screen. I groan & hang it up . " Fuck you " I mutter. Just because I'm doing this to protect them doesn't mean I need to talk to them. They got me fucked up, after what they did to me I can't forget that.

I hop in my car & make my way to the house. Calls from Austin keeps coming in & I turn off my phone. What can be so important ? An apology probably but I don't need it. I turn on the radio & a bunch of bullshit pops up.

This is what you requested here is " Friends " by Justin Bieber

I was wonderin' 'bout your mama
Did she get that job she wanted?
Sell that car that gave her problems?
I'm just curious 'bout her, honest (ooh-ooh)

" What the fuck is this Taylor Swift bullshit ? " When I'm at the stop light I hook up my phone to the Bluetooth. A boogie comes on & I feel satisfied.

"Wrist so icy, wonder why she like me, bitch I'm drownin'" I rap along to the song & nod my head to the beat. Soon enough I'm in my thoughts when Wife You Up by Russ comes on.

Baby you're a one of one to me
I know that I should probably wife you up
And baby I swear I'm done with these
Other women they don't mean shit to me

What the hell is wrong with me ? I don't know why I'm in my feelings but I need to get the fuck out of it. I shake it off & let the song play out since I'm already near the house. I whistle a tune & I curse to myself when I noticed its that pop song.

" Honey I'm home ! " I yell out & I look up to the stairs , nobody comes down. What the - " I feel myself slide & I look down I back up from the pool of red.

What happened ?