Sixteen

we hit 2k+ readsss !! Let's keep it going ! ( not edited )

remember that these chapters are past tense. Also I'm not a writer I do this for fun & to entertain people. I do take this seriously but I just started this whole writing thing so cut me a bit of slack.

--

Josie's POV

I sit on the couch just staring at the TV , deep in my thoughts. After the phone call I kicked out Ceon. As a brother he's supposed to protect me not bring the problems to me. I'm going to just have to face the fact every where I go there's going to be trouble & I'm never gonna get out of it.

" Hello ! Anybody home ? " A voice calls out from the other side of the door. A female one at that , one I don't recognize. " If anybody is home its Beth . You have a package but they accidentally sent it to the apartment alone. P-" Before she can ramble I walk over to the door & open revealing the blue - eyed girl.

" Sorry about that.   " I mumble taking the package from her hands. I don't even remember ordering anything. " How did you know my full name ? " The package said Josephine not Jo on it.

I could see something flash in her eyes but she quickly covered it up with a cheeky smile. " Well when I got the package I went to the doorman down stairs & he told me where you live. Somebody should really fire him I could've killed you or something. " She joked but I swear there was something behind her voice.

" Uh thanks. Would you like to come in for coffee , tea ? " I suggested . She nodded & I stepped aside for her to come in. She glanced around my apartment & gave compliments to it. I don't know whats so nice about it but okay. I prepared the coffee & excused my self to go open the package in my room. It wasn't small either & it felt heavy. I took the box cutter from my draw & removed the tape.

" Please don't be a bomb , please don't be a bomb " I winced as I opened the folds but instead of fear I was confused. " See you soon little sister . " I whispered to myself as I read the paper that was inked with big letters. What the hell ? I locked my room door & continued to take out all the things. Pictures , my old blanket , a sonogram from my mother , a whole bunch of things from my room.

I decided not to go through the other things but to read the letter that was at the bottom of it all.

Dear Jocelyn

Don't blame Ceon for this or anybody. I found out this myself from a special someone ,who I hope you meet soon. After our phone call I did a little searching & found out you're in LA. I spoke to Ceon & he didn't have to confirm it but I'm coming to there to protect you. I pretty sure you know dad claimed a new spot & I had to get there before him. Dad is coming in a few weeks he doesn't know you're there but he will be close to your apartment. Please forgive me & let me in your life. See you soon Jo

                                                                                           - J(ace)son

" Jo , are you okay ? it sounds like you're crying ? " I didn't even realize until a tear drop fell on the paper. I hear the door knob rattle & I quickly put everything away, stuffing it under the bed. " Im coming now ! " I call out . I wipe away the tears & get myself together.

" Are you okay ? I heard a sob an- "

" I'm fine Beth . " I put on a smile & we walk out into the kitchen. Two cups are on the kitchen island . We sit across from each other & get deep into a conversation about ourselves. I leave out the whole drug lord family part & just talk about my siblings.

" Wow I wish I had that many siblings. I'm the only child . " She takes a sip of her coffee. " I'm sure its fun. " I shook my head letting out a laugh. " What ?

" A lot of people tell me that but its not always fun. When we were kids it was fun. I wasn't by myself even though I was the only girl. My dad wasn't always around so I had my brothers. They were my friends , we used to everything together but then I grew up. " I spoke truthfully.

" I wanted to hang out with girls , go shopping , go to parties. I had & still have that one best friend till this day but he's a boy. My brothers didn't want me hanging out with girls because then I'll get into boys & have sex. I ended up losing my virginity anyway & my brothers tortured that boy until he moved. He was one of my brothers friends so he was older than me. I was about to turn 18 & he had just turned 20 when he took it. "

God I loved that boy. Sadly I had to let him go. It was almost a year ago but it felt like too long ago. It was Ace's friend but I didn't care. I fell for him at 16 & do I regret it ? No . I do regret pulling him into something I couldn't save him from.

" Wow. I lost mine at 16 from a boy that played me. He just wanted to fuck & I let him. Like a stupid ass but we learn from out mistakes don't we ? " I nodded , she was right about that. " Shit. Um I gotta go , the coffee was great. See you later. " She gave me a hug before sprinting out the door.

What a day.

++

My phone rang in my ears & I wanted to throw it against the wall. I groaned & blindly searched for it.

" Hello ? " I mumbled into the phone as my head was buried into the soft pillow.

" Blair ? "

I jolted up from my spot & sat up immediately. " No , not you too. How the fuck did you get my number ?! " I spat into the phone.

" Blair look ! I just want to to talk . "

" Jackson ( lucky ) No ! Do you know where I am too ?! " Lucky was another one that followed after my mother - calling everybody by their middle names .

" That's what Im trynna talk to you about ! Im coming with Ace . I forced him to take me. "

Another big brother. Jesus christ.

" I don't care. Im not letting you near me so you're coming for no reason . Bye now. " I hang up & block the number.

Of course this happens to me.

———

Thanks for readingggggg guys love ya