Four

Josie's POV

" Come on Jo fight back ! " Christian roared. I whimpered at his tone , cowering in the corner of my princess room. He hit me again but this time he just slapped my knee. it still hurt though. His rough hands continued to slap me & I didn't dare dodge it. it will only make him even angrier.

" Ace , Lucky help me ! " I screamed out for my brothers. Christian grabbed me by my hair & yanked me up from my spot. I cried out in pain from the force he was using. My room door was busted open by Ace .

" Dad let go ! Please , you're hurting her. " He begged. My father looked back at him & slapped Ace across his face with his other hand. He grunted from the contact & a loud thud was heard as he hit the floor.

" Shut the fuck up ! Learn how to fucking obey me ! " He shouted. He turned his attention back on me but mine were on Ace. I mouthed the words " help please " but he looked down avoiding my plead for him.

" Now time for your punishment. "

" No ! " I jolted out of my sleep with sweat beaming down my forehead. I wiped it away as I tried to calm down my breathing. My chest was tight & my wheezing was echoing through out the room. I had another asthma attack in my sleep .

My chest tighten more as I struggled for air. I was coughing & choking from the loss of oxygen in my lungs. I could feel my throat closing from how swollen it was. I heard the door slam open & it was Nick , again. He ran over to me ,patting on my back for comfort but it wasn't working.

" What's wrong ?! Where's your asthma pump ? " He panicked. I point to the bag on floor by the door . He sat me correctly on the bed before running over to the bag , picking it up & dumping it all over the floor. The pump dropped from it & he picked it up & ran back over to me.

" Before I do this you need to try & breathe okay ? " I nodded. " Look at me . In , out. " He puffed his chest in & out & I followed. After it calmed down he handed me the asthma pump. I brought the mouth-piece to my mouth , putting my lips around it. I pumped the canister & the air from it flowed into my mouth. I carefully inhaled the medicine , holding it before exhaling. I did that twice before putting it beside me on the bed.

" What the hell happened ? " Nick's harsh tone caught my attention. I looked up to him to find him with dark eyes & a tight jaw. " It's exactly what it looks like. I had an asthma attack. "

" What triggered it ? "

" I don't know. It happened in my sleep. " I lied. I knew exactly what triggered it. It was none of his business though. I got up from my spot & weakly walked to where my mess of clothes & stuff had been all over the floor. I picked up all the things & stuffed them back into my bag. I could feel Nick's eyes burning into my back but I ignored it. After I was done I went to the stand next to the bed & retrieved my phone. It was 6:00 , I had been sleeping for four hours. A record , I never sleep the long.

" Are you going to tell me the truth ? " He spoke , shocking me. Was I not a good liar ?

" It's none of your business. " I retorted. He laughed sarcastically at my comment. I looked at him with a questioning look. " What's funny ? "

" I basically saved your life & you won't tell me ? "

" Its none of your business , that's it. I rather not talk about it . " I went into my pink duffel bag picking out an outfit for tonight. I know that he might think I'm crazy because I just had an asthma attack & I'm still going to the party. It was normal for me , I stopped letting that effect me a long time ago.

" Fine , maybe I'll let you run out of oxygen next time. " He spat. I looked at him & scoffed. " I heard worse , your words don't hurt me at all. " I told him . I picked the black crop top with the strings that tied around my waist & some black jeans to match with some laced undergarments.

Nick was still sat on my bed but I ignored him. I placed the clothes on the bed & walked into the bathroom that was connected to my room , thankfully. I didn't care if he was in the room while I showered , hopefully he would leave though. I shut the door behind me & went over to the tub/shower. It took me a while to learn how the knobs worked but I figured it out. After doing that I undressed quickly ,putting them in a pile by the door.

Lavender soap & coconut hair wash was left in the rack on the shower head. I took the white rag that was left with a tag on the sink soaking it with water & soap. I scrubbed my chest before going over my stomach , I softly went over the scars on my arms that were now visible & that's when my nightmare popped in my head.

Well it wasn't an nightmare it was a memory. I remembered it like it was yesterday. I was 14 , me & my family had just came back from London. It was my parents anniversary & they suggested we tagged along with them. I had gotten in trouble for being the noisy child I am . I overheard my uncle & my dad talking about a trade from London to New York . I told my mother about which caused an argument between my parents & my mom told him it was me who had given her the information. When we got home I got hit multiple times in the stomach & face. My brother tried to save me but he failed. I still blame him till this day for the scar on my stomach. My father had took a knife & sliced me with it. It wasn't deep like I needed stitches but still.

I shook the memory from my head as I continued to lather the rest of myself with soap. I finished up & rinsed my self off. I took two towels , wrapping one around my body , the other my hair. When I exited the bathroom with my dirty clothes in my hand , Nick was nowhere to be found. I mentally thanked the lord & locked the bedroom door.

I dried my body & hair & quickly got dressed. I looked in the closet mirror , fixing a few things on my outfit before going back in the bathroom. There wasn't a blow dryer or flat iron & of course I failed to bring one with me. Instead of letting my hair get tangled with the comb I brought with me I combed through my damped hair . I decided to go with 3 braids in the middle of my head from the start of my hairline & stopping in the middle. When It dried I was satisfied with the waves , it had took me a long time for it not to get fully curly.

I took out the makeup bed I unpacked from the bottom of the sink . I decided to go with a burgundy look. I didn't like putting on a whole lot of make up but it was a party tonight so I decided to go all out. I did my eyebrows with the pencil making it look natural unlike these wanna Instagram baddies . Next I did my eye make up , blending like my life depended on it. After I put a light coat of foundation following the rest of my routine. Lastly I finished the look with a matte lipstick.

I took the time to look at how cute I looked. I'll be lying to myself if I said I looked ugly or something. I wasn't cocky but I liked to appreciate myself & not put myself down. I try to encourage lots of girls to do that also , nobody should go through that. Everybody is beautiful in their own way.

When I was done being my selfie model I decided to finally go downstairs. The house was already loud with music & people. By the time I finished it was already 9 . I through on my socks & sneakers & made my way down. A few eyes made their way to me but I didn't pay attention to them I just wanted to find the boys.

++++

AN// Before somebody tries to drag me for this. Yes you can catch an asthma attack in your sleep , it can be cause by many things. Dreams can give you a scare & most times it happens.