Chapter 18: Close to the truth

ARIA'S POV:

It's been a week now when Maddie told me about father. Cole was right, she has a hidden agenda and I don't know what it is.  But I need to know it.  I called mom two days after that day to confirm and she told me that father is waiting for me to come home to say sorry for everything and he wants to talk to me about what happen at the past.

I want to go back home.

But I can't.

Maddie showed up to the Academy, and what makes me surprised when she told me that she enrolled in the same class. What was your plan dear cousin. That was the question that bothering me right now.  She told me that she won't do anything but I don't know was really running on her mind right now.

"Hi handsome... I heard a familiar voice from our back.  I am with Jackson, Lila, Eli and Cole right now.

It was Maddie.  Looking straight at Cole's direction.

I wanted to say a words but I can't. Eli was here. I don't want him to know what is the real connection of Maddie to me. Don't make a mess Aria, all I wanted is to be close to Cole. And if it's not a problem with you, then it's better. You have to choose between the two, Cole or Eli?  If you choose Eli, no one will know about our real connection.  You can still be with Eli. You have my words. Remember that.

I took a deep breathe.

I stood up and walk away.  I didn't notice that my feet lead me to the forest.  Maybe it's because this is the place where I can find peace.

"A-aria..  I felt a bit scared. Hmm, I'm sorry making you scared." It was Eli who stood behind my back.

"It's fine. I thought I was just alone. You know." I replied with a smile.  He walk towards me and hold my hand tight.  Put the strands of my hair into my air that covers my face because of the blowing wind.   He kissed my forehead.

I smiled.

We just stayed in that moment for few minutes.  I feel safe everytime I'm with Eli.  But until when He will protect and make me feel safe?  This world is getting smaller for us now. Ohh, Eli.... if he only knew who really I am, I'm sure he will gonna push me away.

"Are you alright?" he asked me and my thought back into reality. Maybe I should enjoy every moment that I am with him.  I need to  do what Maddie and I talked to.  And I really hope that she will never let me down.

"I'm fine." I replied to him.

We just seat into the grass while watching the tall tress dancing in every blows of the cold wind.

"A-aria....

"What it is?"

"I will go back to the palace this saturday.. My mother's death anniversary is coming, so father asked me to take care of everything.  I just want to ask if you wanted to go with me there?" he seriously asked me.

I was shocked.

And I don't know what to say.

I really wanted to go with him, but I can't.  What if someone saw me there. Someone who knows me.
And what if my real identity revealed?  It can't be.

"I wanted to, but my Mom asked me to visit her at home.  I already say yes to her. Maybe next time, if I'm free.

"Hmm, it's okay. Maybe nextime. Father would love to meet you and the whole family, if mom was alive I'm sure you will like each other."

I smiled at him.

I was really hoping that Eli's mom was alive.  But I can't change the whole thing.  She's dead. She is.

Anyway,  did you know who Maddie is?" he asked me curiously.

"No I'm not."I replied.

"I heard that she came from a far away land from the south.  I guess, we need to know her better. And make friend with her." He said,

I didn't reply.

Instead, I looked far and close my eyes.  Maybe Eli feel that I am not interested of talking about Maddie. So he just keep quite.

I put my head on Eli's shoulder while my eyes stayed close.

His really close to the truth.

I need to be ready.

For the possibility.

Possibility of getting hurt.

....to be continued :)