Chapter 14: First Move

LOCKER AREA

"Hey best, look at this." Lila called my attention so looked at her direction and I saw a single red rose on her hand with a note attached on it.

"Wow, it's really beautiful. Who gave it to you? Hurry read the note. I said to her, but I already guess who's behind that.

'Your like a rose. Full of thorns yet so beautiful.....

"That was cute. I was wondering who gave it to you best. You have a secret admirer." I teased her.

"Sounds corny but I like this. Feels like he knows me." Lila replied, then she put the rose again to her locker. I secretly smiled, Jackson really made her day today and it's a good start for him. I was really hoping that I wouldn't be regret for helping him to catch Lila's attention.

"I hope that mysterious guy would have the strength to show up him self." I told her,

"But what if his not the type of guy?"she asked me in second thought.

"And what if you would like him?" I asked her back. You should not say that best until you meet him personally. Let it be." I explained. Lila would surely be happy, so even if I have the doubt ill find a way to make it possible.

"Alright. Whoever he is, goodluck to him." she said positively.

"Yeah, as I said let it be." I replied and smiled at her. Anyway, I have to go at the library. I forgot my book there yesterday.

"Okey. See you."

Then I started to take the libraries direction. But all of the sudden Cole appeared before me.

"H-hi Aria.... Where will you go?

"Oh Cole, I'm going to the library." I answered.

"Great! I'm going too there. So, can i walk with you if you don't mind?"

"Of course you can. You will borrow books?"

"Yeah, I think I need to read more so that I can catch up with the lessons. I guess, I already missed a lot of pages."

"Don't worry I'll help you find the right books."

"Thanks Aria".

I smiled at him.

Since the day Cole saw me crying at the forest, I felt like I was comfortable being with him. I don't need to pretend. He always let me show my self in front of him. I can cry hard if I need to, not judging what I looked when I was crying. But sometimes, I need to distance my self from him especially when there is Eli around. I love him and I don't want to hurt him. But I guess, even if I didn't do anything time will come that I will hurt him so bad and maybe he would choose to stay away from me. My heart skip a bit with those thoughts.

"Cole, just wait for me here. I'll get the books you needed."

"Okey. Sure.

Then I started to scan the book shelf. I already memorized where those books is. So I easily found it even if it's not in there proper places anymore. I work as librarian for years and I considered this library as my third home. First, is the place, second is the apartment and third is this library. I could still remember the first day when I enter this Academy, only books are my friends then Lila came. That I was the day, I told my self I found a real friend.

"B-boooooooo.

My reminisced got interrupted when Jackson suddenly appeared.

"Hey! Stop fooling me."

He raised his hand. Showing that he surrendered and sorry.

"Sorry. By the way, how it is?" he asked me.

I knew it was Jackson.

"She liked it." I replied.

"Really?

"Yeah, you made her happy.

"Yes, thanks Aria.

"Psssshhh. Lower your voice Jack."

"Sorry again. I can't help it". he said, this guy is sometimes annoying and I was wondering if he was Eli's cousin. They are really different from each other when it comes to character's and personalities.

"It's okey. You did very well."

"Thanks. I have to go now. See you around Aria.

"Okey. Bye.

I smiled and started to scan the books once again. I stopped when I saw a familiar book on the top of the shelf. I saw a chair so I used it so that I reach the book, but all of the sudden I loose my balance. I automatically closed my eyes and waiting my body to fall on the floor.

But I was surprised, instead of the floor will catch me, somebody did it. I opened my eyes and unintentionally, our eye's met. It's an inch gap between us. Everything's going slow and I can't think right. What was happening to me. My attention back to reality when I heard his voice.

"Are you okey?" he asked me.

"I'm fine. Thank you. Sorry I was so clumsy.

"It's alright. Your lucky that I decided to follow you, or else your body will in pain right now." Cole said, and started to put my feet on the floor. That was an awkward feeling, but I can't stop to admire Cole's his good look.

"Ahm, here are the book's that you need. I said and handed him the books.

I hope he didn't notice the blushing of my face, or else he may think something.

....to be continued