Chapter 7: Memories

ARIA's POV:

I'm so happy about yesterday, when Eli told me about a girl he met a year a ago. And what makes me feel happy is knowing that he's still searching for me.  I have that feeling that I really wanted to tell him that it was me, but it's not that easy.  Day will come, and he will know about me. I was afraid to that day will come. I wish it wouldn't, even if my conscience told me how much I really want too. I need to save more strength before that day comes.

God knows, how happier I am, knowing that Eli will enter the University. But, it made my heart beat fast. What if he will recognize me? What if someone recognize me? And what if he wouldn't talk to me anymore? Those what if's are hunting me everytime we're together.

“Aria' honey are you okey?" mom asked me. I was in a deep thought and I wasn't able to recognizes her presence.I'm not supposed to be here, but mom begged me to come home.

My University classmates thinks that after school, I was home. But nobody knows that I'm staying with Lila's apartment near the University. Only the two of knows about it. Since, that incident happen day, I tried so hard to keep my identity and wasn't disclose any except to Lila. She's been a good friend since day one, and offered me to stay in here apartment for she's alone there. I don't know where to go actually so I accept her offer. And from that day, I told her about what happen, and the reason why I left the palace.

“I'm fine mom, I miss you so much." I hugged her and she hugged me back.
I know she has the hardest time, when I decided to left the palace and live my life alone in a strange place. Yeah, it was so hard at first but thanks to Lila's patience, for teaching me how to live a normal teenage life without parent's on her side just like me.

“Your father told me that you didn't talk to him since you arrived. Are you still mad at your father? mom asked me with sad face.

“Mom, I'm not yet ready to talk to him right now. The incidents is still fresh in my mind, and always flashing it everytime I saw dad.

“Okey honey, I'll tell your dad. But, please just give your father a chance. I'm hoping that one day you'll open your heart again to your father. I leave you here for awhile, ill prepare snack for you honey.

“Okey, thanks mom....

After that mom left me alone, I stare at the terrace garden and it feels like nothing has change since the day I left. Mom perfectly take good care of her garden.

“And hows the brat school girl university?" I heard a familiar voice from my back that made my eyebrow crossed. I breathe deeply and turn my back facing to this irritable figure.

“Oh hi Maddie, I'm perfectly fine." I answered her with sarcasm.

“I guess so, it's been a month since you didn't show up. It's better that you won't come back besides I'm already here to replace you." she told me with that insulting words. I really dont like her since the day, I meet this cousin from my father side. She's head over heel arrogant and I had that feeling that she really wanted to take my place as a princess of Kingdom Arcadia. But I wouldn't let her take everything what's mine. But how can I do that when she's  here in the palace while I'm not. Arghhh.....

“I still have the place in here, so don't act like you own mine.“ I answered here with a mad look painted on her face, turn my back and walk away. But before I could finally turn right the hallway, she said a words.

“Don't be confidence Aria, for you might wake up one day, that I got everything that you had."  she said with meaning. But, I couldn't help my self and let her ruin my day. Maddie is one year older than me, I know that, but it doesn't mean that I had to let her do everything she likes.

I decided to go to the garden and feel the fresh air. Maddie really brings dark ambiance since and then. I saw the old oak tree at the back and it reminds me so much memories of it way back when I was a little kid.

Father and I used to play under that oak tree before, I started to run fast as I can from the front door  before he could get me off. While mom running after us. We used to laugh together everytime father failed to catch me. Mom also prepared foods for our family picnics when dad couldn't go for a short vacation because of his hectic schedules. That was most amazing day for me, a childhood memory I could reminisced.  Father teach me how to read since I couldn't go out for school like the other kid does, he also reads me bed time story before I got sleep. I'm so close with father than my mom. Years passed. Nothing's change to us. Until I reached the age of eighteen. It was my eighteenth birthday, and supposedly that was my best night ever, but it turns out to be my greatest nightmare. Something happen to the palace.  I was wearing my birthday gown and about to go down stairs, when I saw a pink box near the window of my room. I stood up and get the box. I opened it and saw a piece of paper inside, it's a letter with my name written on it. That means this letter is really for me. But who wrote me a letter, those handwritten is not familiar.

I started reading it and as I finished the last word written on it, i hurriedly ran off my room to the Venue, but I was late. Really too late, blood scattered around the floor. I scream so hard that time, when I saw father holding his sword filled with blood over it and a died body in front of him with an arrow on chest. Before I could lose my self out of the scence, mom pull me out there and cried so hard and my eyes turns dark.  I wish it's only a bad dream, but I woke up that it hasn't just a dream.

My tears suddenly falls down my face, as I reminisce that nightmare of my life. And that was the time, I started to distance my self from father. The old days, couldn't be back anymore.

“Your highness, Queen Arianna is looking for you..." the Palace lady told me.  I wipe my tears and return the letter on my jeans pocket. I still kept the letter for so long and I should keep it as long as I can.

I followed the palace lady, and she lead me to the dining.  The door is slightly opened, and saw mom, father and Maddie happily talking. I felt a sudden jealous, I am supposed to be in here position right now but it's not.   Is that what Maddie told me awhile ago? That I might wake up one day that she already got everything what's mine?

Instead, of going inside I decided to go in my room. And told the palace lady that I'm not feeling well.

....to be continued (:

A/N: How's the chapter guys? Forgive me for the grammars 😜