Ch 31

Nardia's P.O.V

My heavy, tired eyes slowly flutter open to reveal a plain, white room. The walls were all an off white colour, the one opposite me being the only one with some form of decorations. It was a small painting of a farming scenery.

To the left of my stiff bed was a large window, the view covered by thick, dark green curtains. Small streaks of sunlight penetrate through the small gap between the two curtains, straining my eyes.

Titling my head to the right of my bed I soon a table littered with bouquets of flowers and 'get well soon' cards. Looking forward again, my eyes land on the small, old fashioned TV sitting on a shelf.

I'm in a hospital... but why?

My heart starts pumping at a much faster rate as I try to remember the reason for being here. Unfortunately, I can't recall one small detail.

“Harry!” I helplessly call out with hope that he would appear so he could help me. Sadly, he doesn't. “Harry, where are you?” I tried again. “I need help,” I say as my salty tears burn my tired eyes. Soon, a nurse rushes onto my room, concern drawn into her features.

“Nardia, please calm down.” She says calmly as she tries to calm me. “What's the matter?” She questions and I breathe even faster if possible.

“Where's Harry? I need Harry!” I cry, the older nurse nodding before hastily leaving my room. She doesn't follow protocol, checking my vitals and grabbing my doctor, just trying everything she can to keep me calm.

Soon after, the nurse returns to tell me that she had contacted my mother who was in her way.

“No! No! I need Harry! He has to be here!  If she comes than Harry can't.” I explain and she sends me a sad smile.

During the wait for my mother's arrival, the nurse continuously tries to calm me down but wasn't very successful. The only person that could calm me down whole I was like this would be Harry. I hear the door open, silently praying that it would be Harry coming in, but knowing that it was going to be my mother. James follows my mother as they enter my small room. James presence honestly made me feel a little better.

“Nardia...” My mother sighs, relief noticeably washing over her body.

I shake my head frantically, my mother's eyebrows knotting together. “No! No! You need to leave! Harry needs to be here! Please!” I beg desperately, pain flooding over my mother's face. Her lip quivers slightly as her face looses all colour as she nods lightly.

“Right... sure... I-I'll see if I can get a h-hold o-of him.” She stammers before leaving with James following her out. I was stuck in the bed, my breathing frantic.

Minutes later she returns with tear stained cheeks and a red, blotchy face. “Harry?” I whisper.

She sniffles a little before answering me. “N-no, sweetie. He'll be here soon,” She informs me and I nod, easing a little at the thought.

Slowly, I was coming to terms with the aches that I was feeling through my body. I couldn't help wince when I moved, igniting the burning aches.

As time passes, a doctor enters my room, a small, welcoming smile on his face. “Hello Nardia. Do you mind if we check you over?” he asks politely bit I shake my head.

“No, no! I need Harry!” I scream and he jumps back a little with a curt nod.

After another five minutes or so of waiting in the bed feeling as though I was being tortured Harry finally walks through, ending my torture.

“Baby,” he gushes moving to my side. My hands search for his, Harry quickly grabbing them to hold them tightly.

“Harry,” I say through a content sigh.

“Hey there, beautiful. How are you feeling?” I nod my head as I smile fondly at the beautiful man.

“Alright. I missed you,” I tell him as tears well in both of our eyes.

“I missed you too, gorgeous.”

“Er, do you mind if we check her vitals now?” the polite doctor interrupts and I nod. “Right, so,” He finishes his procedure before finishing what he was saying. “You're looking really good. Your cuts and bruising are healing really well. Well, those that are left.”

“What happened?” I ask Harry who gulps at my words.

“You and I... we... we had a massive fight. You left in your car and had an accident. Your ankle broke, two of your runs snapped and you sliced your arm.” He explains. “You also had bruising covering your body and scratches, which have mostly healed. The front of your brain bled a little but it was nothing too bad. There was also a small shard of glass in your eye.” he tells me and I am shocked at the amount of damage occurred to my body.

“What?” I ask barely above a whisper as I try to comprehend what had happened. Harry's eyes flicker to the ground, he was clearly ashamed of what happened. He mumbles a quiet "sorry", eyes fixed on the floor. My thumb runs patterns over the skin covering his hand, a smile slowly pulling on his lips.

“Now, majority of the scratches and bruises have healed. Your rubs have pretty much healed and your ankle will only need to be in a cast for a week or so. How's your eye?”

“It's alright. A little blurry in the corner,”

“Yes, well that will most likely heal too.”

“Okay. Thank you for everything,” I say and he smiles at me.

My pleasure,” he then exists the room. I look around to spot Harry. Although this had all happened because of a fight between Harry and I, I wasn't angry with him. Yes, I was shocked but when you lay in a bee for a few weeks, able to listen to what was happening around you but not being able to respond, you learn to let go.

He came by every day, telling me how much I meant to him, how bad he felt about what happened. Yet, never said anything about what actually happened.

“Sweetie,” My mother says and my attention falls on her. “Your father and Stephanie will be here soon. They've been in town the whole time.” She informs me and I nod with a bright, warm smile.

“The lads were going to stop by later, too. Alex and Charlie were going to come too. And if you wanted I could bring Cleo by.”

“No, I'd love to see them all. I feel like it's been forever.” I explain as I give his hand a squeeze. “Um, do you mind if Harry and I have a moment alone?” I ask my mum and games who leave the room. “I've been able to hear everything everyone has said,” u tell him and his eyebrows shoot up in surprise.

“What?”

“Yep, I've heard everything you said. I couldn't figure out what happened though. I just wanted to see you, to speak to you, to touch you, to kiss you, to tell you its okay, to tell you how much I love you.”

“I love you too, baby.”

***
There you go... last chapter darlings. :) x

Don't fret, you can still read my other books haha ;) xx

*sorry this didn't post... I had no idea until now. sorry again. xx ‹: