Ch 28

After Harry and I went back inside, he started to mingle with other people, so I decided we to the kids. You could tell easily who were the underprivileged children. The underprivileged children were also quiet and shy. I see a little girl standing by herself, no one around her as she admires the other kids that were playing in the provided playground.

The little girl wants to lay with the other happy children but she was too scared go talk to them. I walk over to be little girl, bending down to look at her in the eyes. Her bright green eyes filled with fear as she saw me, eyes darting around as is she was making an escape plan.

“Hello,” I speak softly to the small girl, trying my hardest not to see any more than what I probably already have done. “I'm Nardia,” I introduce to the young girl. Still, she looks at me skeptically. Her small hands quiver slightly as she reaches down, gripping the worm material of her dark blue dress that hangs loosely in her body. Her hair was pushed back into a messy ponytail with nots still tied through it. Small strands of hair fell from her face making if look even messier. Her skin was really pale, as if she hardly even saw the sun. She honestly looked like no one even cared about her. “What's your name, sweetie.” I ask and studies my face, eyes darting to the floor.

Her mouth opens as if she is going to say something she snaps if shut. She looks back into my eyes murmuring, “Candice,” She tells me, her eyes examining my entire face,carefully observing all the small details about my face.

“That's a beautiful name.” I tell her, a small smile breaking into her lips to reveal her teeth which were surprisingly in good condition. “How come you aren't playing with the other kids.” I ask her and she looks at the ground.

“Because they all think I'm gross,” She tells me, tears welling up in her eyes. One salty tear slowly falls from her eye, rolling down her cheek. I wipe it away with the pad of my thumb, frowning at the small girl. “I want my mummy,” I feel my heart break. “She left me at the hospital last year when I get end for a checkup. I'm sick.” She tells me.

“Well, Candice, my gift to you is that I will buy you some new clothes and I will visit you in the hospital.” She looks at me with a small smile playing on her lips.

“Really?” She asks and I nod my head.

“Of course!” I beam at the little girl. I then see Cleo and Alex. I call them over and Candice looks absolutely terrified as they approach but I wrap a small arm around her, assuring her that if was alright. “Cleo, Alex, would you two like to hang out with my little friend here, Candice?” I ask them and they noes their heads. Candice hands me a little pink blanket as the two children grab her hands leading her to the other children. I look at the blanket in my hands. It must be her security blanket.

Standing back up I smile bright as I watch the kids playing together. I feel a hand on my waist and I turn to my side to see Harry smiling at me. “That was really nice of you,” he tells me and I smile. Lightly, I press my lips against Harry's.

“Harry!” someone calls from the side of us. Turning, we find Vanessa approaching us. She had a disgusting smirk on her face. I roll my eyes, walking away from the drama queen.

I find our table and sit down, admiring the kids as they play. All the kids and parents interacting with each other was so cute. Soon, an announcement catches everyone's attention announcing that the donations and such will be starting soon. Soon, I am joined by Cleo with Candice tagging behind.

Candice asks for her blanket which I happily hand to her, ago ping er as she tried to walk away. “Would you like to sit with us?” She smiles, a small nod telling me she does. She pulls the chair chair next to Cleo out and sits down.

I look up and see someone approaching us. It was no other than Chad walking toward us. My smile drips as he continues his walk. “Hey Nardia,” he says as he scratches the back of his neck. “Um, I just wanted to say I am sorry for how I acted back in New York.” he tells me and I nod with a very small smile.

“Yeah, er, that's okay. I understand why you thought, um, what you did. I was pretty drunk probably sending some... signals.” he looked up before paling a little and saying his goodbyes before he scurries away. Shortly after Harry joins our table and I smile, leaning unto him once he sit down but he just shrugs me off.

“Harry, is everything alright?” I ask in a whisper and he looks at me, rolling his eyes.

The rest of the benefit was awkward with Harry being angry. I decided to pull Harry aside to talk to him. “What's going on with you?” I ask and he folks his eyes once again. I swear it takes everything in me not to beat the shit out of him.

“Don't act so goddamn innocent.  You know what happened.  Vanessa good me that you were sleeping with Chad.” he spits, venom dripping from his harsh voice.

“What? No, I haven't ever slept with him.” I defend, bewildered.

“Oh really? So you didn't fuck him in New York? He told Vanessa everything. But you don't remember 2 you were the one that was drunk with him. As first I was a little unsure buy then I fucking turn around and you are fucking talking to him with a smirk!” haha spits at me. “How do you suppose I take that?”

“Okay Harry, so you're going to believe your ex-wife over your girlfriend? Honestly, I can't deal with this right now. You're a fucking dick. Yes, I went to Chad's place and he came into me but I left and stayed in a fucking cheap hotel. It has been three fucking years that I have fucking slept with anyone else.” I tell him as sticky tears stream down my face.

I then walk away going by j go the table to pick up my things. I say good bye go Cleo and Candice before talking to Lou's. I see him sitting at a table with his fiancé. He looked really happy and relaxed. I try to smile at him when I approach him, but I know i looked like shit.

“Shit, Nardia, are you alright?” Louis as a rushing to my side. I nod, looking away slightly.

“When will you two be leaving?” I ask, Meehan standing and walking over to us.

“Er, so you want us to drop you off or something? We can go now if you want.” Louis suggest and I shake my head.

“Look, don't go out of your way or anything-”

“No, it's all good. Come on, let's get out things.” Meghan, Louis and I walk out of the dining area together when they have everything the needed. As I walk past Harry's table I see his face briefly. He looks a mixture of both pissed and sorry, but honestly he looked mostly pissed off. I just walk straight past him, not acknowledging him.

Lou and Meghan drop me off at my place before leaving, but then do I remember that mum and I aren't even on speaking terms.... because of Harry. I text James to bring me the keys for the car which he happily agree to, coming out with the keys. I then drive to Harry's so I could get my things and stay in a hotel, once again because of Harry.

I walk up to the door alto find it locked, tears peaking from my eyes as I sit on the porch.

As I get up to go to the car I see headlights pulling into the drive. The engine dies and Harry climbs out, a sorrowful look on his face. “Wh-what are you doing here?” he asks and I roll my eyes at him.

“Look, I don't want to do this. Not with Cleo around.” u say as my excuse for avoiding to talk to him.

He shakes his head at me. “Vanessa took her because she doesn't like 'Cleo being around me when I'm angry'.” he explains and I roll my eyes.

“Well, I just came to get my things so I could stay at another hotel.” I tell him and he nods. Harry moves to the door and unlocks it. I walk towards thinking that he is letting me in but he slams if and locks it again. “What the fuck Harry?!” I yell, banging on the door. Shortly after Harry comes back to my bag.

“Sorry,” he says handing me the bag and walking back inside, making the door an. My get boils as u get. Cad and start driving away. I drive down Harry's driveway, not even bothering to look for traffic at this time of night, too focused on my anger. I was eager to get away from the asshole. Although, it was the worst decision I had ever made.