Ch 23

I was roaming the streets of New York at around 1:30am trying desperately to find a cheap hotel that I could stay at for tonight. It took almost two hours until I could find a hotel that I could afford. Booking myself a room before settling in, throwing myself onto the stiff mattress. A few minutes pass by before I decide to ring James.

"Hello?" he says into the the phone. A lump forms in my throat at the thought of being so far away from him, knowing that there's not much he can do from this far apart. I was so thankful for James, he was always there for me.

"Hey, James." I greet back.

"Oh, Nardia, hey. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, it's just that..." I pause, tears leaking from my face. "Harry and I had a pretty big fight, I just wanna come home." I tell him and he sighs.

"Look, I know that relationships are hard, that there are going to be a fair share of fights, but don't forget that you are there for business. Don't mix your personal life with business. Just do what you have to do then come home, sort your personal life out back here. You can do it, there's only two more days, love. I'm sure that you can handle it. If you wanna come home though I can sort a flight for you." James says. Sitting in silence to register what had been said before I answer.

He was right, I couldn't let Harry get to me that easily. I needed to stay for work purposes. That was it. I needed to stop confusing work with pleasure. "I think I can survive, thanks James." I say before letting out a small yawn. "I think I might go to bed now. See ya James." I say. James bods his goodbyes before we hang up. I make sure to set the my phone on the charger before stripping from my clothes and dressing into my rather large shirt and sweat pants before getting comfortable in bed and going to sleep. Tomorrow I am going to show Harry what he is throwing away.

In the morning I wake from my phone alarm buzzing. Today I was supposed to be attending a meeting with Harry and some of his potential business partners. I decide to get up and get ready for today. My first task was to go for a shower, washing my body with a vanilla body wash before stepping out and my body and hair. I straighten my hair putting it in a pony, a few stands hanging free to frame my face. I do my simple, normal makeup before getting dressed.

I throw on a dark blue button up blouse with a tight black pencil skirt, shorter than I would normally dare to wear. As the weather was rainy and a little colder than usual I pull on my stockings. I pm finish my outfit with black heels and a black leather jacket with a studded collar.

When I'm ready I grab my bag before leaving. I haul myself a taxi, going to the the address Harry had told me the other day. I get out, walking straight inside. I saw a massive table off to the side with Harry as well as other people sitting down. I spot Louis, Niall, Liam and Zayn sat at the table, my nerves settling slightly.

I walk over and greet the four men, taking a seat in between Niall and Louis. As I talk to them I see the same girl from last night approaching Harry, my anger bubbling. He still had even seem that I was here, I was really looking forward to seeing his facial expression once he had noticed me.

I see the girl lean I need for a kiss but Harry stops her, shaking his head before saying something to the woman. She then says something to him before he leans in for a kiss on her lips. Taking a deep breath I hold back the tears, trying desperately not to break down in front of everyone.

"Is everything alright?" Niall asks and I nod, taking another deep breath before looking back at Harry with a fake smile. I really needed to vent to someone who was going to listen and help me.

After a few minutes everyone was seated, the meeting starting. Harry saw me, his eyes bulging. I swallowed harshly before turning away and focusing on whoever was talking. After everyone was finished talking, discussing the business projects we ordered our food. The whole time Louis, Niall and I were laughing and having a great time. I almost forgot that Harry was even here in the same room as me until I looked up and saw that he was all over the same girl, my heart breaking even more if possible.