Chapter 13

"Let's go!"

I hear Arlo's yell as i shoot the last guy, watching him fall to the ground.

Arlo grabs my arm making me spin around to run with him out of the warehouse. His hold on my arm is tight as he continues to yell things out into his phone in Italian.

We are currently at the 'pathetic new gangs' warehouse. The place is totally secluded and basically in the middle of nowhere. The place being in the middle of nowhere is a perk, as this place is about to blow up by a bomb we have placed on the top floor of the warehouse in about six minutes, hence Arlo's urgency.

We make it out of the building and sprint to the cars, trees surrounding us. The last of the Knights jump into cars and drive off immediately, as per orders. Arlo's grip on my arm is tighter as we make it closer to our car, pulling my arm away i yank open the drivers side door and jump in. Before i can even close the door, Arlo's arm shoots out to stop it.

"Maggie, no." His voice is firm as he watches me put the seat belt on and turn the car on.

"Arlo. Get. In. The car." My voice is firmer, my eyes crazed.

His nostrils flare and his jaw locks as looks back at the warehouse. Growling out, he slams the door shut and runs around the front of the car to hop into the passengers seat.

As soon as i hear his door close, i speed off down the dirt road already seeing a group of our cars in front.

"Five." My voice cuts through the silence between us. The only sound to be heard is the engine of the car and the sound of the tires against the rocky dirt road.

"Four." I can feel Arlo's eyes on me.

"Three." I just know he's smirking now. A malicious smirk.

"Two." And my smirk has arrived.

"One."

Not a beat passes before we hear it.

Both our eyes go to the mirrors of the car, watching the scene unfold from the distance. Flames erupt, rubble is thrown through the air. The sound echos for miles, the vibrations run through the ground shaking our car. Dirt from the road flying up like fog.

What was once an old warehouse, now nothing but smoke and rubble, flames still eating up every last part until it's nothing.

Arlo lets out a victorious yell as he slaps the dash of the car, laughing away looking very much like the Joker.

His victorious yells are cut short as a black car comes into view behind us. A car that is definitely not a part of the Knights.

"For shits sake," Arlo growls out, looking out the side mirror. My smirk only grows.

"Maggie."

I hear Arlo's voice somewhere in the distance. My foot presses down harder onto the accelerator, my eyes flickering to the road and review mirror, watching them gain on me. My smirk still present.

"Maggie."

My sharp right turn causes Arlo to hold onto the handle bar on the cars ceiling, he looks behind to see the car return to our tail.

"Mag-"

"Hey Arlo?" I cut him off. "Put a bloody sock in it, will ya?"

I surprisingly hear his growl over all the noise that is going on.

Skidding over to a side road to the left, making the car behind have to speed up once again. I move more to the side and slam on the brakes watching the car zoom past us. I let out a loud laugh.