Chapter 21

"What did last night mean to you?" I ask him, my voice soft, if it weren't for the music coming to an end I don't think he would have heard me.

He continues to look down to me, moving a strand of hair away from my face.

"Everything." He speaks just as softly.

We keep eye contact, staring into eachothers eyes full of emotion.

The organiser of tonight's event calls the top ten Mafia Leaders in the room that donated the most amount of money to this chosen charity. Arlo being one of them.

He leaves a tender kiss to my cheek, whispering that he'll be right back before leaving to the stage with the others.

I stare after him, watching him stand on the stage with the others. The guy continues his speech but my focus isn't on him, it's on Arlo.

I find I just cannot for the life of me look away from him. He catches me staring, sending me a wink that I find myself smiling at.

I feel as if someone else is watching me. Turning to my right, my eyes catch Noah's intense stare.

And there it is.

The guilt.

It rises up my throat almost suffocating me. Clawing it's way through making the panic set in. How could I forget what I did? How could I forget that I tried to leave and what Arlo would think.

I start to feel dizzy, my dazed eyes go to Arlo's concerned features watching me.

And that was the finishing touch to my panic. I turn and walk through the sea of people, eyeing the back doors in desperate need of some air.

Making it through everyone, I push open the doors and walk to the railing of this open balcony.

I breathe in and out slowly and steadily, my panicked breaths slowly coming back to normal. Leaning against the rail, I look out at the beautiful city lights.

"So you feel it now? The guilt."

I look beside me to see Noah standing a couple metres away from me, staring at me, hands in the pocket of his slacks.

"Noah..." I breathe. My eyes closing before looking back at the view.

He walks a bit closer now standing beside me, leaning against the railing also.

"You should feel bad. You definitely should." He sighs out.

"I do. Of course I do." I answer him the both of us still staring out at the view.

"I saw Arlo leaving your room this morning-" He begins before I cut him off quickly.

"Nothing happened if that's what you were going to ask. We just.... talked, then we fell asleep. It was all completely innocent."

"But you haven't told him yet?"

"No. I haven't..." I answer, my voice drifting away in the soft breeze.

It's silent between us for a small moment.

"You need to." He breaks the silence, now looking at me.