Chapter 5

Numb.

I think that's the only word i can think of that describes how i'm feeling right now. How exactly am i supposed to feel?

All the crying. All the pain. All the anger. All the shock. Everything i felt all at once, it's all turned to numbness.

Walking back down the streets of London towards my home, with damp clothes from the sudden down pour of rain previously. I shove my hands into my hoodie pockets and tug my hood up over my head, my hair spilling out of the hood down past my shoulders.

My phone buzzes in my back pocket for the hundredth time, taking it out of my pocket i press the home button, revealing several missed calls and texts all from Dane and Danny. Unable to bring myself to read them, i turn it off and shove it back into my pocket.

Taking a left into a dimly lit alleyway, i keep walking. I'm getting a feeling that it's probably a bad idea walking this way, but i do it anyway. It's late, I'm tired and emotionally drained. This way is a shortcut back home and i just want to sleep. I don't care about the nightmares at this moment. I just want to sleep, act like this night never happened and figure out what to do in the morning.

I can slowly feel myself switching off, turning emotionless. Normally this would scare me, but i'm actually loving it. I'll welcome it with open arms.

Walking further up the alleyway, lights flickering in the night casting a shiny glow on the wet ground. Lifting my head up from looking down, i see two tall figures walking towards me further ahead. Faltering in my step realising they're actually walking to me, not past me. I turn around, pulling my hood up further, wishing i had my mask with me. Stopping in my tracks again, two more figures walk towards me. Taking a breath, i turn my head. Left, right. Two men on either side of me, standing a couple feet away. The streetlamps shine onto their faces where they stand. All with blank, stoic, hard expressions on their faces. All dressed in suits and dark cloaks over the top. All four faces looking at me, almost expectantly.

Assessing my area, there really isn't any form of an 'escape root'. With a brick wall on either side of me, four grown ass men surrounding me. Yeah. Not great. Four against one. Four big men against one smaller woman. But not just any woman. An assassin.

Giving a malicious smirk, i stand a bit straighter. I can feel my gun against my chest under my hoodie, safely tucked away into my harness. Deciding to strike up a conversation while they just stand there assessing me.

"Hello boys. How can i help?" I ask, feeling my smirk grow wider as i reach for my gun under my hoodie, i load it and shoot one of the guys in the leg to my left. All in a matter of seconds. I hear a groan before he falls to the ground in pain.

Feeling a body crash into me, making me lose balance and fall onto my back against the hard wet pavement. Knocking my gun out of my hands from the fall. The guy straddles me and brings back his fist and punches me right in the jaw, my head whips to the side on impact, raising his fist again he punches me in the same spot. Feeling my eyes water and already tasting blood, the pain of each punch brings something back to me. Anger.

Heaving my lower body up, i wrap my legs around him and with all my strength, roll us over swapping our positions. Now with me straddling him, i pummel into him. Hit after hit. Punch after punch. Hearing the satisfying sounds of each and every punch. He looks shocked at first but punches me again and reaches for my throat with the other hand, pushing his arm away from me i elbow him hard in the face.

I'm about to strike again, until I'm pulled off by someone else. Their strong hard arms wrapped around my waist. Bringing my head forward i fling it back, head butting him right in the face with the back of my head. Feeling his grip loosen, i elbow him in the stomach till he lets go. Turning around quickly to see him bent over in pain, I punch him on the side of his head and kick him backwards into the brick wall.

My arm suddenly feels as if it's being pulled out of it's socket as I'm flung around into the opposite wall. Feeling the air being knocked out of me in a whoosh, i try to regain my footing. I'm suddenly lifted up by strong arms and I'm slammed against the wall once again. His hand comes around my throat. Holding me up against the wall, squeezing. Choking me. My hands come up to his arm that's holding me, scratching and clawing his arm drawing blood. Trying to make him let go. He's too strong. He stares right through me with dark, emotionless eyes. My vision becomes cloudy and i struggle to breathe. No no no no. This is not it for me. NO.

Bringing my knee up, i knee him hard. Right in the balls. He lets go of me instantly, groaning as he collapses to the ground, holding onto his precious jewels. Yeah. Take that bitch.

I fall to the ground, coughing and splattering, trying to get air back into my lungs and my vision back to normal. Blinking repeatedly, i look up to see through fuzzy vision a figure staggering towards me holding a gun. It's the same bastard i shot earlier.

Running forward, i tackle him to the ground. Straddling him, i start to throw punches to his face. He switches us over pretty quickly and punches me in the gut, i groan. Let me freakin breathe. "Lights out bitch" I hear him say, before he hits me over the side of my head with the handle of the gun.

Darkness.

The darkness has blessed me with it's presence once again.