chapter nineteen

minutes later
chapter eighteen
august

>>

daryl and t-dog held a gun -- or crossbow -- to each of the men's heads. to say i was pleased would be an understatement. this wasn't right.

even though the mexican did just try to kill rick (rick killed him first) still didn't make it right.

i hated that this is what we had come too.

when rick came back, he was silent, pacing back and forth. that was until he got his gun and put it up to the red haired guys head.

he began pleading for his life and even though he was a prisoner, it broke my heart.

rick moved back and forth between them until he stopped at axel, the guy who called the other man, 'oscar.'

"what've you got to say? anything?"

"never pleaded for my life, ain't about to start now." he replies. "so you do what you gotta do."

i could tell rick most likely would've shot him. i had no doubt. which was quite sad to say the least.

i walked up to rick and stood in front of him. his eyes still on oscar.

"we are not killers." he hadn't looked at me. i grabbed his face and brought it to face me. "do you hear me? we are not killers. we do not kill the living. not anymore."

he put his gun down in surrender and put it back into its holster. i let out a deep breathe.

"alright, get up. let's go get your cell block." i said, leading all of them out.

>>

once we all reached back to the cell block, rick went in, leaving t-dog, daryl and i to ourselves.

"hey-" daryl said, trying to grab my arm. i pulled away.

"don't." i walked into the block first, the two following.

i walked into the cell, my eyes on hershel. i heard someone walk up behind me and i knew who it was, i was just choosing to not acknowledge it.

i wasn't mad at daryl, don't get me wrong, i was just mad at the situation. i never believed in killing when it started and i won't start now.

my thoughts were pushed to the side when hershel began mumbling words. maggie and beth immediately moved to his side.

not even minutes later, his eyes fluttered open.

"daddy?" maggie cooed"

"daddy!" beth let out breathlessly.

rick uncuffed hershel, and we all sat there in silence. that being enough words for all of us.

>>

i was rummaging through my bag, looking for my hairbrush. i had been wanting to braid it, but now i finally have time to do it.

i felt someone sit behind me and i tensed up. the figure rubbed my shoulders and i immediately recognized them as daryl's.

"are you okay?" he asks, his raspy voice taking over.

"fine." i turn my head and make a small smile. i obviously wasn't. my brother was about to kill someone less an hour ago and my boyfriend(?) was going to participate. like i said, i was mad at the situation, not them.

i hear daryl sigh. "what's the matter?"

i shrug. "i just... i don't like knowing that rick has killed people. and i didn't like the situation we were in." i tell him honestly.

"i know what you think, but if it's a threat, like we thought, then we do what we gotta do."

"doesn't make it right..." i whisper. i give up on finding my brush and turn myself around to face him.

"your right, it don't make it right."

"of course i am." i say, smiling. i wanted to him to know i was semi-over it. i would be better later. for sure.

"there's that smile." he chuckles.

"can we just... lay here?" i ask. he nods and he lays down, motioning for me to lay down. i oblige and we just lay there in silence.

he rubs circles on my back and it automatically puts me to sleep.

>>

sorry it's short, i've been trying to update all day, but i wanted to end it there, i thought it was cute :)

update whenever :))))