chapter thirteen

a;n
i'm doing a time skip because i want to get into the main points of this book, so it'll be the time where shane dies and everyone is split up. but like, leading up to that. okay, happy reading :)))

>>

2 months later
chapter thirteen
august

>>

winter came and all 14 of us were moving into the house. there was 16... but sophia and dale had died...

rick started barking orders and we all went off to start packing and moving things in. daryl kissed my forehead and handed me his jacket as we part ways. he was going to move cars and i was going to gather my things.

daryl had recently started showing me affection. like kissing my cheek, or forehead, or sometimes to wake me up, he would kiss my neck. other times we would hold hands. it was sweet, but i had no idea what it meant. it was obvious i liked daryl. maybe even more, but we had never said anything.

we never actually kissed. which really didn't bug me. okay, that was a lie, of course it bugged me. i'd been wanting to kiss him ever since that day when i was hurt.

anyways, i walked over to my tent and started stuffing clothes into my bag. the same one i found the same day i got hurt. i rolled up my sleeping bag and grabbed my pillow. i threw the bag over my shoulder and walked out. we had decided to grab the big stuff tomorrow and just focus on getting our personal things.

i walked out of my tent, zipping it up. i sighed and walked began walking to the house.

i heard footsteps behind me and knew it was rick.

"what?" i spat.

"i can't help out my sister?"

"i don't want your help. nor need it."

last month, rick and i had another fight. it was about shane. the previous week, rick had fought with him. over a lot of things, but one of them was me. it was about what happened when i was younger and he still refused to believe me. but i knew rick too well. he knew what shane had did, but refused to believe it.

rick grabbed my sleeping bag and pillow, tucking each one under both of his arms.

"rick, just stop, okay?"

"if it happened, why didn't you tell anyone?" he asks me.

i sighed and stopped in my tracks, turning to face him.

"shane said he would kill you guys. under that kind of situation, i believed everything he said. i didn't want to be the reason he killed my family." he nods. "can i have my stuff back?" rick nods once more and hands me things.

i trudge off to the house, going to find a place to sleep.

"the men are in there." lori informs me. i nod and grab a spot in the corner. as i lay my stuff down, someone makes a loud noise next to me.

i look up at daryl. "what? you thought i was gonna let you sleep alone?" i smile and he gives me a small one back, immediately looking down.

"more like you didn't want to sleep alone." i smirk. for the past 2 weeks, i have been sneaking into Daryl's tent. i was having nightmares again. about Shane.