chapter sixteen

a few moments later...
august
chapter sixteen

>>

as we walked into the prison, we had immediately checked for anyone there, alive or not. rick had motioned for daryl to go and check the guard tower inside what looked like was a lunch room. daryl had went and checked and came back with a set of keys, which he passed over to rick. rick said that we should go and check the halls/tombs and try to find the cafeteria where the food and water would be stored at.

before we did all of that, we had decided we should at least take a breather for the rest of the day and begin again tomorrow.

we had gathered everyone inside and we all began to choose our cells. or our rooms now, i guess. i walked up the steps with carl as he had called dibs on sharing with me. it was one of the things i loved about our relationship, no matter what shit went down this winter, we were still conjoined at the hip.

daryl had called carl over to help him grab one of the mattresses from one of the cells, i have no idea why as daryl was completely capable.

i set my things in one of the cells and sat on the bed. i was exhausted.

"come on darlin', you're with me." i have daryl a confused look. "i ain't sleepin' in no cage and i don't want you to either."

"where do you suggest i sleep?"

"with me of course." he scoffed like it was obvious. "besides, it's your fault. you got me used to sleepin' with someone."

i roll my eyes. "fine." i faked my small groan and burst into laughter. sometimes, i just cracked myself up.

daryl gave me look like i was crazy. i shrugged it off and grabbed my things, following daryl to the perch. i set my things down and then layed down on the twin mattress. i layed on my back and looked at daryl.

"well don't take all the room, scoot over." he pushes me to the side and wraps his arm around me.

"i'm tired." i say.

"hm..." he grunts and i know he's about to fall asleep.

"goodnight dar." i kiss his forehead and eventually fall asleep myself.

>>