I Can't

I laid on the floor, thoughts absorbing my mind and swirling. My music blasted softly in my ear and felt tears rolling down my face.

Scissors lay in one hand and I hold them against my other wrist in a limp grip. I grit my teeth and clenched the severs of fate harder.

Do you it you weak link. Get rid of yourself. No one will notice your struggles or your pain. No one.

A gasp escapes my mouth as I sit up, pressing the scissors harder on my wrist.

That's right. Let them bleed, let them bleed so your soul can live.

I screamed silence and pressed harder, my hands not making a mark. The music still softly played and my tears flowed freely down my face.

Come on you brat! Just do it! No one will care. No one knows. No one ever needs to know why or how. Eventually maybe you can actually just die.

I coughed as I pointed the sharpest point of the scissors towards a vein. I could almost feel it's soft throbbing, it's pleading for me not to, not to shred it. It's gentle love bringing me oxygen and keeping me alive.

JUST DO IT ALREADY!

"i can't." I whispered to myself, letting the scissors fall out of my hand. They landed with a gentle thud against the carpeted floor.

My breathing grew into silent screams and sobs. I fell flat against my bedroom floor, sprawled out. My heart was racing and my heart was throbbing.

You'll never have the guts to even make a line. This is why everyone thinks you are weak. A weak little brat who should just DIE.

I cough, silvery tears willing themselves to leave my body but I can't. My eyes become dry and I can't see.

My phone buzzes, silencing the music.

"Hey babe, I gotta go. Love you." My boyfriend.

"Can you help me? I have another boy problem, they side checked me!" An eighth grader.

"I like him. But he won't notice me." Another eighth grader, a child.

"I'm so sad because no guys like me. I need constant attention, that's the only way I'll be happy." The dramatic best friend.

"Help, I love our friend but I love this boy more! And you are so amazing for helping me with this. I love him and you!" The best of friends.

"Hey, your friend ya know? How do I ask her out?" The boy my friend likes.

I drop my phone with shaking hands. No one asks. "How are you doing Bird?" I whisper to myself, wiping off my cheeks.

"Just dandy."