Too Young

I dropped the phone when I heard. I fell to my knees and I screamed. I screamed with every fiber of my body. Then there was silence. I couldn't move. I thought I'm too young. I thought that it isn't supposed to be like this.

Now I'm here, sitting among people I don't know. People that loved. People that are like me. People who don't know how to feel the right way anymore because they sacrificed a part of their heart to him too.

I remember when I realized I loved completely him and it feels like only a week ago. And I'm was 16. You can say I don't know love but I do. And this is the hardest love I've ever felt.

"I'm sorry." One of the sisters whisper to me.

The man is talking up front. About a car crash and about how brave he was. Bravery isn't getting hit by a truck isn't brave, it's a terrible accident. A terrible accident that leaves almost everyone broken hearted.

"Would anyone else like to come up and speak?"

I stood up and went to the front. My voice is scratchy from the lack of water and my eyes have tears. "I loved him and I lost him. I don't regret it though. The pain I feel...I wish it would leave. But it's only proof that I love him more than anyone knows." My voice cracks at the end. I pull a letter out of my purse and lay it next to him.

I look at him one last time and disappear out the door. My first love...my first loss...I'm 89 and I lived my life with my high school sweetheart.
------
This was so sad that I cried writing it :,(

Box of tissues and episodes of Spongebob to make everyone feel a whole lot better.

Vote, comment, and follow

Stay beautiful