Lil' Kitten

I picked up the white little kitten. She's been visiting my house for over two weeks, disappearing and reappearing. I call her Snowball and I just feed her and pet her when she comes. She has a collar but never an owner. So either the owner left her and then just left the collar or she ran away. I'm surprised no one has come looking for this lovable lil' bundle.

The little fur thing meows at me and I pet her more. She purrs louder and finds her way onto my shoulder. I don't move for fear of dropping her.

"Come on." I grumble, pulling her gently off.

"New kitten, Lindsay?" My neighbor calls to me.

"No, just a visitor." I say as the kitten walks into my house.

I shut the door and the cat jumps onto my couch. I grab a bowl of milk and set it down in front of Snowball. She purrs and laps it up quickly. I don't understand how she could have an owner but remain so skinny. Even her ribs are partially there.

There is a knock on my door. I get up, keeping an eye on the cat. I open it to a rather huge man. When I mean huge, I mean body builder huge. Like big enough he has to duck into my home.

"Hello, I watched you bring a cat into your home." He pushes past me into my house.

"Excuse yourself!" I growl, turning and jumping back in front of him. He grunts and looks at the couch.

"Why do you have Bell in your house?"

"She comes here herself Mr. RudenessMcFee. She likes it here! And I don't know who you think you are, just coming in. This is illegal. I did not let you in."

He smirks at me, "I'm not harming anything, taking anything, or-"

"Still not allowed! Your on my property, get out."

"Well you have my property." He juts a thumb at Snowball. "That's my kitten, Bell. She was a present from my mother."

"It's not my fault you aren't feeding her enough! She's too thin for a kitten!" I snap at him, "She comes here for food."

"What do you mean? She's perfect sized."

"No! She is underweight. How old is she?"

"Five months."

I thought she must've only been three months! That how small this little kitten is. "Five months! You need to fatten up this cat! She is a growing kitten and needs nutrition and love and food." I growl.

"Fine. I'll feed her more. But can I have her back?"

"Lemme think about it...no." I growl.

"What?!?"

I scoff at his reaction, "You obviously don't treat her well enough. She's underfed, not groomed, and too skinny."

"Well then...I have a proposition. I was recently...kicked out from my home. That's partial reason I've been fine with wherever she's been going, she always comes back looking better and well fed. What if I came and I lived with you? I won't be mooching, I swear. I have my own job and just haven't landed a place yet. My luggage is outside."

I feel this anger grow inside me but also a bit of pity, "I don't even know you! The thought is preposterous. Why were you kicked out of your home?"

"Bell...we aren't allowed ta have pets, ya see? I didn't think he'd evah find out 'bout her. She's so small...and easy ta hide." His voice seems to fall into a southern accent that I could kinda pick up on, but he got emotional and it came out.

"Fine. You can stay..." I grumble, crossing my arms.

His eyes light up...maybe this body builder wasn't so bad. "Thank ya miss!" He yells, crushing me into a hug.

"Can't.....breath...." I'm released and I take a deep breath. He smiles at me and then runs over to Snow-er I mean Bell.

"You hear that darlin'? We gots us a place ta stay!" He lets out a holler and picks her up. She lets out a meow and starts her loud purring.

I think I won't be minding these two staying here.
-----
Awwww isn't that a sweet story now? It seems they all got their happy ending.

Vote, comment, and follow

Stay beautiful <3